April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SRbettas

Reaction score
How many aquaeon betta pellets should I feed my betta if I feed once a day? I'm currently feeding 3 a day is this enough?

I feed mine 3 pellets, twice a day, then fast them on a sunday. Other opinions may differ, but mine are happy and healthy on this diet

I feed mine 3 pellets, twice a day, then fast them on a sunday. Other opinions may differ, but mine are happy and healthy on this diet
What food do you feed?
Should I start feeding twice a day?

What food do you feed?
Should I start feeding twice a day?
I feed mine Betta Bio-Gold floating pellets. I picked them up from my LFS when I once bought a betta, as that's what he had been fed by the employees there, and continued with them as they seem pretty good. They're advertised to have "colour enhancing" properties, "optimally formulated nutrition bettas require" and "contains ingredients uniquely beneficial to bettas."

They also get the odd treat of a blood worm and fry get live brine shrimp until they're mature enough to move onto the mature betta diet, but that's a whole other thread in itself lol.

I feed mine 3 pellets, twice a day, six days a week because that's the diet I've found best for my fish. The three pellets a day you're feeding yours isn't under feeding, some may say i over feed mine, perhaps.
If your betta is happy, healthy and thriving then carry on with what you're doing. The packet on pellets I have suggests 3 per serving up to three times per day. I'd recommend you read the back of your packet of pellets for portion and feeding advice to put your mind at rest though

I might up it to 2 in the morning and 3 at night or something like that

I might up it to 2 in the morning and 3 at night or something like that
Check the packet that your pellets are in, should say on there if you're unsure. I know how it is, you don't want to upset them!

I feed them every other day, Im scared if he will bloat again.

I feed mine 4 every day, or every other day. (Depending on how bloated he looks)

I try to feed 3 or 4 morning and night. Sometimes a little more gets in.

Most reactions

trending

Back