FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ok, I'm doin water change now. Thank u, its cloudy & foamy w this medication
Use imgur app or website to upload a picture and copy and paste the link to the site so we can give proper advice in treatment.

Next get a test kit to give info on getting your water up to par if it isn't already.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Here's a decent example of what ich looks like. Does it look anything like this?
c471101102682a016a7a2c100bea5e69.jpg

Google ich and see if that's what you have going on.

It seems like you definitely have lost your cycle and ammonia is building up. Disease is many times a result of poor water quality.

I know your having some trouble posting a picture, but it would help us greatly.

A liquid test kit is also very much needed. Those test sticks that they use at petsmart are absolutely useless and inaccurate.

Do a 75% water change immediately until we can figure out what's going on.

Medication can be rough on fish....but many times is needed to treat the disease. This is why it is extremely important to correctly medicate.

Thanks, I didnt know the test strips were bad. I just did a 75% water change & at least its clearer & the foam film is gone. The gouramis r active again. The blood parrot is still hiding.

Attachments

• 15732728640255063731276911785992.jpg
    15732728640255063731276911785992.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 111
Here's a decent example of what ich looks like. Does it look anything like this?
c471101102682a016a7a2c100bea5e69.jpg

Not a bit. It was a white cloudy looking film on her head. I have a pic of it but it wong let me send it. Its letting me take them in real time & upload I'm trying to get her front

Not a bit. It was a white cloudy looking film on her head. I have a pic of it but it wong let me send it. Its letting me take them in real time & upload I'm trying to get her front

Attachments

• 15732730011783912684924841225282.jpg
    15732730011783912684924841225282.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 99
She looks fine now but still acting lethargic. & I did c her scratching a couple min ago

I think this is working. :) thanks guys. Can I do a water change tomorrow too?? I need more stress coat, anything else I can use to even this out?? My blood parrot is swimming right now, more than I have seen in days. I also unhooked the new airstone so it's just the filter unit that came w the tank. It was spreading debris like crazy & cooling the water off

Use imgur app or website to upload a picture and copy and paste the link to the site so we can give proper advice in treatment.

Next get a test kit to give info on getting your water up to par if it isn't already.

https://i.imgur.com/I7psWy0.jpg

Use seachem prime or safe instead of stress coat. There's been word going around for a while that stress coat might actually not be all that great because it has aloe in it.

I'd wait to do another water change for 1 more day. Still super had to say without the test kit. If you happen to go to the store today, have your water tested and get ezaxf numbers. Ideally, you should pick up the api master test kit for yourself as well.

I can see the spot on the nose your talking about. It looks like a wound in the picture but it's very had to tell.

That was
Use seachem prime or safe instead of stress coat. There's been word going around for a while that stress coat might actually not be all that great because it has aloe in it.

I'd wait to do another water change for 1 more day. Still super had to say without the test kit. If you happen to go to the store today, have your water tested and get ezaxf numbers. Ideally, you should pick up the api master test kit for yourself as well.

I can see the spot on the nose your talking about. It looks like a wound in the picture but it's very had to tell.

Thank u so much!! Shes stil at the bottom & scratching occasionally then goes back to the bottom. Tail fin looks weird, it's not usually folded

Attachments

• 15733148340383973274985166281775.jpg
    15733148340383973274985166281775.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 131
That was

Thank u so much!! Shes stil at the bottom & scratching occasionally then goes back to the bottom. Tail fin looks weird, it's not usually folded
This pic is right now & the tail fin seems to b curled to one side kindof

Those clamped fins and flared gills are a sign of heavy stress.

Those clamped fins and flared gills are a sign of heavy stress.

Thank u for everyone's help on this site. If I wouldnt have listened to u guys my fish would prob b dead. So update on my blood parrot cichlid named Loraine is that I spoke to the "fish guy" that used to maintain this fish in its previous home, a restuarant that closed (which is why I adopted Lorraine, she was about to b homeless) for 4 years. U guys had me looking for ich & I didnt c it but it's there. The 2 pink gouramis r so light that I didnt c it but today the were both covered w it. I will try to get a pic. Now I'm treating w ich tablets. The fish guy said even tho Lorraine isnt showing the spots shes got it. So a huge thank u to u guys. I got api test kit & the better stress coat stuff (cant think of the name u recommend but I got it) my water is good. Lorrain is hanging in. He said follow directions so tomorrow around 6 I'm due for another dose of blue tabs but 25% water change first. Does anyone know how long I have to do this?? It gives few details. I have hope, fingers crossed :)

Attachments

• 15733464397968682095064809986538.jpg
    15733464397968682095064809986538.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 112

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back