What's new

An app has stolen your password.

OP
S

Stan510

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I think so. I did redo my PC password into a small book. Plus google. Router is next. That might be more complicated to change from some short reads on it.

LittleMissNeptune

Reaction score
I think this was posted before. But it happened a few days ago to me and just today while on youtube I was typing a funny answer- and right before my eyes the sentence I wrote was gone and instead the word "murder" was there.
Yes,I changed my password fast!
Now..whats going on here and only here,that passwords are being lifted? What app? Mine? the boards?
I'm glad it didn't happen to me

OP
S

Stan510

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Happened again right now. I tried to screenshot it..but my PC was frozen. It said a data breach on a site or app exposed my passwords...even if they were encrypted.
It only happens here.
Does FF have more cookies than I have whitelisted? Because I did a routine cookie cleanup and for some reason I got the warning and this time, was logged out.
I've changed passwords that matter...but if something malware keeps exposing them.hard to keep up.
Ah..just checked. FF cookies were not whitelisted. I KNOW I had done that before...why I never had to sign in all the time.
Headache.

LittleMissNeptune

Reaction score
Once I ended up with a virus in my computer but fortunately, I solved the problem because the virus wasn't that serious.
Another time, I got a notification that my location was exposed but then I checked it and the location was wrong, phew...

Lajos_Detari

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Make sure you guys installed anti-virus and internet security system from a reliable brand.
For mine, I used Norton Security which has all the internet security features.

My laptop was infected with Ransomware once(before I installed the Norton). It's the worst type of attack.
In the end, I reformatted my whole hard disk and reinstall everything again.
Also, make sure you backup your computer every now and then.

Nowadays, cyber-security is one of the biggest issue.
They can hack your Facebook and take over.
Recently, one of my old friend asked for my tel no.
I didn't realise that her account was hacked and taken over.
Later on, she told me that her Facebook account was hacked and taken over.
I told her to make a report and terminate her Facebook account to stop the thief from using her account to get the tel no of her friends.

By the way, to make your passwords more difficult to break in, use a combinations of letters, numbers, different symbols, etc.
You can also use a sentence as your password instead of just word to increase the password strength.
Example of a password: "I bought a Betta fish for $20". "
You can search the internets on how to choose a good password. There are many examples.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stan510

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I would say I have made the passwords for other sites..but havent changed FF yet.
I have one question. Has FF had anybody else from Hayward ca register and yet,not post a single thing? I would take that as a possible malware installer.

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days