An app has stolen your password.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, try that. Pick a password that is so hard, no one will ever guess it.

(Like that one time my friend chose a 29 digit code on his phone. Boy did I try to get into that thing and boy did I fail! :rofl: )
My dads is a whole bible book

I think so. I did redo my PC password into a small book. Plus google. Router is next. That might be more complicated to change from some short reads on it.

I think this was posted before. But it happened a few days ago to me and just today while on youtube I was typing a funny answer- and right before my eyes the sentence I wrote was gone and instead the word "murder" was there.
Yes,I changed my password fast!
Now..whats going on here and only here,that passwords are being lifted? What app? Mine? the boards?
I'm glad it didn't happen to me

Happened again right now. I tried to screenshot it..but my PC was frozen. It said a data breach on a site or app exposed my passwords...even if they were encrypted.
It only happens here.
Does FF have more cookies than I have whitelisted? Because I did a routine cookie cleanup and for some reason I got the warning and this time, was logged out.
I've changed passwords that matter...but if something malware keeps exposing them.hard to keep up.
Ah..just checked. FF cookies were not whitelisted. I KNOW I had done that before...why I never had to sign in all the time.
Headache.

Once I ended up with a virus in my computer but fortunately, I solved the problem because the virus wasn't that serious.
Another time, I got a notification that my location was exposed but then I checked it and the location was wrong, phew...

Make sure you guys installed anti-virus and internet security system from a reliable brand.
For mine, I used Norton Security which has all the internet security features.

My laptop was infected with Ransomware once(before I installed the Norton). It's the worst type of attack.
In the end, I reformatted my whole hard disk and reinstall everything again.
Also, make sure you backup your computer every now and then.

Nowadays, cyber-security is one of the biggest issue.
They can hack your Facebook and take over.
Recently, one of my old friend asked for my tel no.
I didn't realise that her account was hacked and taken over.
Later on, she told me that her Facebook account was hacked and taken over.
I told her to make a report and terminate her Facebook account to stop the thief from using her account to get the tel no of her friends.

By the way, to make your passwords more difficult to break in, use a combinations of letters, numbers, different symbols, etc.
You can also use a sentence as your password instead of just word to increase the password strength.
Example of a password: "I bought a Betta fish for $20". "
You can search the internets on how to choose a good password. There are many examples.

Last edited:
I would say I have made the passwords for other sites..but havent changed FF yet.
I have one question. Has FF had anybody else from Hayward ca register and yet,not post a single thing? I would take that as a possible malware installer.

It happened again here,and it happens on Barr's website. I looked into some searches and found the Chrome has installed the password stealer detection into its browser. One article was 180 people saying they got that warning,changed the passwords only to have it happen again days later and all said they cannot possible change passwords and remember them over and over as needed.
EVERYBODY complained- with no answer from Google- why if they can catch the app's dirty deeds,they cannot tell us WHICH app is the thief? Google won't answer any messages you send them asking them to identify what app is the problem.
See? They defeat the purpose because they fear upsetting the companies that are collecting the data..for advertising purposes I hope only.
Again,more of the corporations defending each other and never the little guy.

On a laptop, if you clear cache and cookies when you exit the browser, you have to log in to everywhere next time. Some browsers can be set to do this automatically on exiting. I have to log in to TFF every day because I clear everything on exiting.
I have a Kindle Fire, and I always manually clear everything on that too when I exit the browser.

Other than the Kindle, I don't used a phone or tablet so I have no idea if they can be set to automatically clear everything.

Something is wrong with FF. I've tried to change the password- again- and it wont. "Oops something went wrong" was all FF told me.
What a strange thing that only Barr's website and here are being flagged..and at least I was able to change that Barr password.
Chrome says "FF has breached passwords data". sounds serious.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back