An app has stolen your password.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

At first I thought,eh,knowing my password to FF was no big deal. But to have Youtube get weird the next day or so made me wonder if it meant ALL my passwords to every board or PC?

Me to... :unsure:

@dascrow, could something like this actually happen?

Anything is possible. We take security extremely serious though and do our best to make sure this doesn't happen here. This was a big reason we had to upgrade the site a few months ago, the version we were running was no longer supported.

I should have on the first post said that my browser made a balloon that said "An app on this website could steal/has stolen your passwords". Darn,I don't remember if it said "all" passwords or just this.
Next time it happens,I will try to screenshot it.

It's getting worse. My email account wont let me in..somebody registered a mobile account sign in. Not me. I don't have a mobile device. Plus,the email service help center has shut down "because of covid 19". The only answer is to set up a new email account.
Also..just right now I had to sign in to FF.net. I never signed out. I never sign out of any site I'm in.

It's getting worse. My email account wont let me in..somebody registered a mobile account sign in. Not me. I don't have a mobile device. Plus,the email service help center has shut down "because of covid 19". The only answer is to set up a new email account.
Also..just right now I had to sign in to FF.net. I never signed out. I never sign out of any site I'm in.
That's scary, I can't imagine what you're going through, never have experienced this and I always sign out and clear history and cache of my browser.

I called them again..and I got to speak to somebody. After 15 minutes? Nothing could be done but"contact" your previous phone provider,etc,etc,etc,". Really complicated stuff and I'm not in a mood after hearing all that.
So before I could give up and set up whole 'nother account with another provider,and then redo all my emails on various websites...37 of them,my granddaughter was using my PC to watch that crazy FETV family for an hour, while I thought of the hassle to be.
When she left? I tried it one more time. I got signed in. I did nothing. Maybe somebody with them got my problem solved.
Now,I HOPE IT STAYS SOLVED.

btw, I don't even know how I got help. I just dialed a different phone number I saw on their main website. Its different then the phone number on their "help" page!

You might have to click the “Remember me” button. When you do this, next time you load up TFF, you will already be logged in.

I always check that.
Somebody somewhere is just being a jerk. I wouldn't doubt a neighbor within a routers distance. I hate routers-lol. I wish PC had been made as secure as TV.
I have all the up to date everything. But teens- North Korea have nothing better to do.

I doubt it’s North Korea... This is definitely something local. When was the last time you completely rebooted your system?

Never. Its been good for five years of Windows 10.
But,lots of troublemakers this side of town. They come out after midnight..about when I'm asleep and they are on their devices.
Like I said,I suspect a neighbor.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back