TwoTankAmin24
Fish Maniac
I use a lot of Swiss Tropical lifters- both in cubefilters and over the top of Mattenfilters. I have been usong these now for years. I will often blow out the holes in the uplift tunes when I pull the cubefilters to rinse them. I do not use a brush.
I remove the gray ring which supplies the air and then using the soft part of my palm at the base of my thumb, I cover the uplift tube's bottom. I then blow through the tube from the other end and a good blast of exhaled air clears the holes. I would guess I do this about every two or three months. I have not done this on the Mattenfilter lifters as I can see the flow of water coming out of these as the output is not fully submerged and I can see the return flow. If it ever slowed, clearing the tiny air holes would be the first thing I would try.
None of my uplift tubes make big bubbles. What I see emerging from them looks loke the medium sized bubbles the old ATI "cross" used to let out.
I remove the gray ring which supplies the air and then using the soft part of my palm at the base of my thumb, I cover the uplift tube's bottom. I then blow through the tube from the other end and a good blast of exhaled air clears the holes. I would guess I do this about every two or three months. I have not done this on the Mattenfilter lifters as I can see the flow of water coming out of these as the output is not fully submerged and I can see the return flow. If it ever slowed, clearing the tiny air holes would be the first thing I would try.
None of my uplift tubes make big bubbles. What I see emerging from them looks loke the medium sized bubbles the old ATI "cross" used to let out.







