5Ft Tank Build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So I could have had 5 or 6 fancy in a 100 gal.

Ooooo, stop tempting meeee!
rofl.gif
(I've got a empty 90g)

Ooooo, stop tempting meeee!
rofl.gif
(I've got a empty 90g)
I give Lyra a week before she sets up the 90 g with goldfish.

So we now have 8 goldfish in this tank

3 ryukin
3 oranda
1 pearlscale
and
1 black moor

Meet Timon and Pumbaa

Timon%20amp%20Pumbaa%202nd%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

Timon
Timon%202nd%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

Pumbaa
Pumbaa%202nd%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

Godric - Who i think is more Chocolate Oranda than Black Oranda as he was sold to me as...i love him to bits regardless :)
Godric%202nd%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

And add one in of Pea
Pea%202nd%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

9 goldies now in this tank lol Just could not help myself

So now its the:

3 oranda
3 ryukin
1 pearlscale
1 black moor
+
1 new ryukin

Pics when the lights come back on

Bet that looks good :)

My knowledge on Goldies is not great, does having 9 various types of goldfish in that 5 foot tank mean you need to be overfiltered to cope with the amount of mess from them and do big weekly waterchanges?

The tank is overstocked....i dont over filter, as they really dont cope well with being churned around the tank, but i do need to do large water changes....i have just dropped their heater temp down to 23C to get ready for the colder weather (water changes are not such a big temp shock that way)

I have always wondered if 3 or 4 cycled small filters hidden in the tank would be better that 1 big one.

stuff like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN2HYO13rE4

Scanning the tank this morning like i always do, and i notice Pea is developing the same thing i lost Joufflu too..... :( Will be doing a water test shortly, all params were normal last test so i dont know what it is......

So done some reading and this is common in pearlscales and can be a sign of kidney failure :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back