5Ft Tank Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So Pea has been moved to a small tank (28litre/7.4gal) while i treat her. The tank is heated, filtered and i have a bubbler running. I'm trying salt first up, least nasty first. Will watch her and see if she improves. If not then we will progress to other meds, i dont want to lose her, thankfully she is still active and eating, catching it early may have a better outcome for her

Fingers crossed

I hope Pea recovers! I have zero experience with goldies - how big are the ones in the 5-footer? 4-5 inches?

Yes me too, I will see if any more have appeared tomorrow morning, if they have i will drop in some antibiotic and see if that helps

Yeah some of them would be around there....getting some size on them, especially Ori (the big orange oranda)

I tested the tank, nitrates a bit high, but not unusually so (around 80, tank is due for a WC in a few days)....but did a 50% WC anyway. I did give the canister a clean, wasnt too bad considering i havent touched it for months

So the salt treatment and the warmer water are appearing to work, there is only one bubble left and it has shrunk quite a bit......so fingers crossed still

Timon is still hanging in after his accident.....he is pretty bashed around still though. He is in with Pea, i have him confined to a net, as he struggles to swim. He is eating (i need to help him) so while he is fighting i'll help him. There is some improvement today but he has a VERY long way to go to get back to normal, poor baby!

Way to go Timon and Pea get well soon.

Sadly Timon passed this morning....and Pea has taken a turn for the worst. Peas scales are starting to pop out from where the bubbles (sacs of fluid) are appearing. I will not be getting anymore pearlscales as this appears to be a fairly common problem with them and it just breaks my heart to lose them!

Thanks guys.. :(

Poor Pea has continued to worsen, now to the stage of pineconed scales with many bubbles coming out. I just dont know what else to try, i think i may need to euth the poor baby

Ah, sorry Alasse :(

Personally I think I would consider euthanising poor little Pea :/

But if you think would be worth one last chance of treatments, then go for it, that way you know your tried everything for the little guy.

Pea was euth'd yesterday :( Poor thing went downhill fast within an hour, there was no coming back from that.

Let me just say, i am NOT looking forward to pulling this background out after doing the 2ft.....

It will take me at least a week i think, the render is way thicker on this one, it is in no way letting go, just some design faults i really want to fix in the new background. Going to get a price to replace a 5ft panel, tank is getting old now and has quite a few scratches near substrate level that are becoming more noticeable, so this tank may be down for a while, depending what i decide

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back