You Know You're A Fish Keeper When...

You know your a fish keeper when you buy a big block of chocolate for the other house members as a bargaining tool for the next fishy related item.

Yeah! Popular way too fast!

I knew I was a fish keeper when I began offering to give my tanks away so I could con my wife into letting me get more to fill up the space they left behind!

I even insisted on going over to friends and families houses to do the maintenance on the tanks I gave them just because I enjoy it so much!

When your friends hear you say one word about fish and they slap you... and you think they have no life because they study, but all you do is read TFF and watch your fish...

When you move into a new apt and the first thing you do is arrange and decorate the living room around the fish tank. :rolleyes:

LMFAO, IronMan. when i bought my condo, i had my tanks up before i set up my bedroom. seven years later and i have three new tanks and nothing but a bed in my room.

when your girlfriends in bed and shes in the way of a filter you need to get too.

or even better

when you climb on the bed to get to the filter, your girlfriend thinks your coming to see her but you go right past her for the filter lol.

when your girlfriends in bed and shes in the way of a filter you need to get too.

or even better

when you climb on the bed to get to the filter, your girlfriend thinks your coming to see her but you go right past her for the filter lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

even though I understand that Ian would still get a slap if he did that!!

when you read job adverts with a geological map in front of you, your sole concern being the local ph (if I took a job there, I could keep.....)

when your children learn how to test for ammonia before they learn to read

when the family get sprouts for dinner because your fish need the fibre

when you ask your daughter what kind of a house she will have when she's grown up, and she answers "well, I will have fishtanks of course, but I won't have a fishtank in *every* room"

when retail therapy means a new filter and half a dozen aquatic plants

when a comforting snack means bloodworms for your fish

when you try to convince the family that a trip to the loqual aquatics shop is more exciting than a trip to the zoo

when you genuinely *believe* that a trip to the local aquatics shop is more exciting than a trip to the zoo

when you are planning your 20th anniversary and wondering how you can fit aquatics into it

when you lay an expensive laminate floor to provide a proper setting for your new fishtank

when you have already planned the tanks to fill the space when the 5-year old goes to college

When you have a key to your LFS
When you spend $750 dollars on 3 fish
When you finish off your basement..... to make room for fish tanks
When you insist that when your piranhas bite you its out of pure love for its owner
When you get pimped slapped by family/friends the second anything fish related happens (IE water changes)
When you look at any glass object and wonder if a betta could live in it
When you would rather buy the 60 inch aquarium over the 60 inch flat screen
When you can do a 25% python-less water change on a 140 gallon tank in under 10 minutes....backwards, blind folded, with one arm tied behind your back
When you lay down in your empty 140 gallon tank.....and sleep in it (I have actually done this)

Sadly, most of the things listed above I have done.

you know your a fishkeeper when you will drive more than 100 (each way) miles to pick up a fish

you know your a fishkeeper when your kids hate the fish tank as all you ever do on sunday is go to fish shops

you know your a fishkeeper when you will drive more than 100 (each way) miles to pick up a fish

you edited and added "each way"...
now that is a dedicated fishkeeper...
what fish is it if i may ask?
:good:

when you visit family on the otherside of the country JUST because you know there's a good LFS near them.

when you say good morning to your fish before you say good morning to your other half.

when your workmates buy you fish for your birthday because they couldn't think of anything else to get you.

when your workmates buy you fish for your birthday because they couldn't think of anything else to get you.

That's happened to me. Nightmare. A few guppies did not go down well, or rather they did go down well if you know what I mean...

Most reactions

Back