Virtual friends

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
With the sad passing of Byron I have noticed a phenomenon I have never thought much about . Virtual friends and acquaintances are a thing of recent times . It seems peculiar to think of as friends someone youā€™ve never met in person and donā€™t even know their real name . Most of us here donā€™t even know what we look like and all we know about any of us is what we post or pontificate about . And yet . . . I consider as friends several people here on The Great TFF Forum . This little corner of interwebby land is a real community and I always look forward to yanking some chains and learning things here and seeing the great pictures and videos of peoples fish and aquariums , people who are just ordinary everyday people like me . I can honestly say that I have only encountered , at most , two people here who irrigated me and they didnā€™t last long and are no longer here . So long Byron , rest well and all the rest of you fine people here please live long and prosper - even @Fishmanic .

@Back in the fold
Your previous remark (ā€œeven Fishmanicā€) warrants 10 rubber chickens to be thrown at you. :lol:
IMG_3422.jpeg

Last edited:
Itā€™s pretty natural to make forum friendsā€¦ when they are themed the way this one isā€¦ tanks have always been a big interest to me, so we all have something in commonā€¦ this is not the only themed forum Iā€™m on as a man of many interests and hobbies, they are a good source of information exchangeā€¦ I donā€™t join them to make friends, but it happens naturally, when you find members, that have similar sub interests

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back