Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
A Juwel Rio 125, when mature
10 Harlequin Rasboras,
10 Green Neon Tetras,
6 Grolight Tetras,
One miniature red Gourami
And three otocinclus,
If to much I could not have the the 6 Growlight Tetras.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

------------------

Glolight tetras should be in groups of 10 or more like other tetras.

Avoid dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) and all their colour forms. They regularly carry Fish TB and the gourami iridovirus, neither of which can be treated. Most other small species of gourami don't carry these but can catch them.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

------------------

Glolight tetras should be in groups of 10 or more like other tetras.

Avoid dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) and all their colour forms. They regularly carry Fish TB and the gourami iridovirus, neither of which can be treated. Most other small species of gourami don't carry these but can catch them.
Length 31 inches, hight 20 inches, and width, 14 inches
GH 8
KH 7
PH 7.5
The reason I picked the one small gourami, I wanted one fish with good cood colour that would stand out in my tank, any others you could recommend, I would only have one.

I can't think of any small gouramis that are brightly coloured but a pair of Apistogramma cacatuoides would fit in the tank. You would have to watch them when they breed but they shouldn't cause any real problems in that size tank. Alternatively just get a male because they have the colour.

Don't add Otocinclus catfish until the tank has been up and running for a few months. They need driftwood, algae and biofilm otherwise they starve. It takes a few months for a new tank to develop a decent layer of biofilm and algae.

Most reactions

Back