Whats your favorite tetra and why?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm all in I'll be working out a deal with the cute fish store guy to take a picture of their tank with a sign TFF TETOTM JUNE 2O2O
In case you missed the pics, look at these taken from my LFS visitView attachment 103513View attachment 103514
NO NO NO...you must have the fish IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD! And focus your camera on one tetra...but it's ok if a few others are in the background as they are schooling fish. Plants also make for a nice background.

Last edited:
NO NO NO...you must have the fish IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD! And focus your camera on one tetra...but it's ok if a few other are in the background as they are schooling fish. Plants also make for a nice background.
I'm so sorry, I was only kidding!
I'll be more careful with my hijinks from now on.

@Fishmanic another cool fish of the month idea would be inverts, like shrimp and snails :) not this month though

I'm so sorry, I was only kidding!
I'll be more careful with my hijinks from now on.
Just ask him if you can borrow one for a day, put it in your tank (hey at least it's in your household) and then snap the pic and bring it back ;)

Check these out from last fish store visit
Candy-Cane tetras and a quick peak at some mysterious black rasboras...
top pic is rosy tetras, bottom pic are black harlequin rasboras. they are readily available, just ask the store to check their supply list.

-------------
to sex neon tetras, look at the blue line. Males have a straight blue line, females have a kink about half way along their blue line.

Too many Tetras species....LOL

1)In term of striking colours, Cardinal Tetras is the best.
In the wild, they can conitnue to school together even in the dark or muddy water as they can still see each other with their neon colours.
But their slimmer bodies are not as nice as fish with wider bodies.

2)In term of fins & tail, Congo Tetras might have the most beautiful fins and tail.
And if you put them under the blue and red lights, their bodies will shine beautifully.
But they need a big tank - 4 ft and above.

3)Next, Rosy Tetras which are also very beautiful with white tips fins and pinkish bodies.

4)Next, Colombian Tetras
are quite unique as they look like Piranhas.
They have beautiful red fins and tail and bluish bodies but they are quite aggressive.

5)Ember and Flame Tetras are beautiful for smaller species of Tetras. You can have a big group of them.

If we are talking fins on tetras, swordtail characins (Corynopoma riisei)

My only tetras are 4 black skirt tetras.. good looking tetras but they are black and grey.. so not very colorful.

My only tetras are 4 black skirt tetras.. good looking tetras but they are black and grey.. so not very colorful.
I like skirt tetras. Especially long finned ones :)

Aye, even though tetra I've none
it does sounds like a lot of fun

Yes, I'm thinking probably I should get a big group of Tetras in a big tank one day....
They are like Piranhas whenever they eat(super fast and they attack as a group) and their jaws are similar to Piranhas as they are both under the same family of Characins...
Probably I should combine a big group of Rosy Tetras and Lemon Tetras....Pink & Green... amazing colours..

Yes, I'm thinking probably I should get a big group of Tetras in a big tank one day....
They are like Piranhas whenever they eat(super fast and they attack as a group) and their jaws are similar to Piranhas as they are both under the same family of Characins...
Probably I should combine a big group of Rosy Tetras and Lemon Tetras....Pink & Green... amazing colours..
That would be a sight!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back