Whats your favorite tetra and why?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I really like the look of diamond tetras, a rather underrated fish as when young they look quite bland and people often pass them by but as adults they are truly stunning.

If we are talking fins on tetras, swordtail characins (Corynopoma riisei)
Now this is a dope fish. If only I could find it somewhere.
Talk to your local pet shop every week and get them to check their supply list. Swordtail Characins are seasonal and only turn up for a couple of months each year and you need to get them when they are available.

I really like the look of diamond tetras, a rather underrated fish as when young they look quite bland and people often pass them by but as adults they are truly stunning.
Never seen diamond tetras other than pics or video but they look pretty cool.

Narrowing it down to one tetra...man that is hard! If I had to I would say the congo tetra.
For your viewing pleasure.
20200508_145221.jpg
20200508_145227.jpg
20200508_145404.jpg
20200508_145407.jpg

@JuiceBox52
That is the tank CFSG set up a 3 weeks ago, it was beautiful. The store is changing locations so they are downsizing. I consoled him, naturally. :angel:

They also had a fish display rack unit for sale....only $250.00. 4 shelves, 16 tanks (probably 5g-10g each). Whole set up.
Lucky someone else got it ! I've got plenty on my plate!
:/:lol::nod:

@JuiceBox52
That is the tank CFSG set up a 3 weeks ago, it was beautiful. The store is changing locations so they are downsizing. I consoled him, naturally. :angel:

They also had a fish display rack unit for sale....only $250.00. 4 shelves, 16 tanks (probably 5g-10g each). Whole set up.
Lucky someone else got it ! I've got plenty on my plate!
:/:lol::nod:
I saw 2 of those for $600 online. Oh you have no idea how tempted I was

Personally i like rummy nose the most, the bright nose and the zebra tail are nice and i like that they keep tighter shoals than most tetra.how bout you???
I agree! I will be setting up a new 55 gallon tank in the next week or two once I have everything I will need and I plan on stocking the tank with several different community fish, and Rummy-nose Tetras are the ones I am looking most forward to adding. I would like a good-sized school of around 15 or so. They will not be the first fish I add though, as I have heard that they can be somewhat sensitive to water parameters?? So I will be adding fish in stages, and the Rummy-nose Tetras will be some of the last ones I add after I am sure my tank is done Cycling and is stable.

I agree! I will be setting up a new 55 gallon tank in the next week or two once I have everything I will need and I plan on stocking the tank with several different community fish, and Rummy-nose Tetras are the ones I am looking most forward to adding. I would like a good-sized school of around 15 or so. They will not be the first fish I add though, as I have heard that they can be somewhat sensitive to water parameters?? So I will be adding fish in stages, and the Rummy-nose Tetras will be some of the last ones I add after I am sure my tank is done Cycling and is stable.
What is your Gh?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back