Whats your favorite tetra and why?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@JuiceBox52
Do I dare?
Pea Puffer tank! ??
15890592976288277881430818693763.jpg

I love neons, glo lights, and interested in black neons.
Black neons and glo lights in my opinion look really well together the colors really play off eachother and they do well together as well.

Yes, I'm thinking probably I should get a big group of Tetras in a big tank one day....
They are like Piranhas whenever they eat(super fast and they attack as a group) and their jaws are similar to Piranhas as they are both under the same family of Characins...
Probably I should combine a big group of Rosy Tetras and Lemon Tetras....Pink & Green... amazing colours..
Yup. When i get my big tank i want to fill it with a bunch of shoals of tetra.
Neons, glo light, black neon, von rio, rummy nose, emperor, and they can all shoal around together with the rummynose leading the way;)

Congo's are my favourite Tetras :wub:
My only tetras are 4 black skirt tetras.. good looking tetras but they are black and grey.. so not very colorful.
Hi @Fishmanic, have you ever had any aggression with your black skirts? Thinking of doing a black/white skirt combo in a tank im restoring. I will probably be doing a group of 15-20

Last edited:
I never had any issues with black skirts when I had them. I found them to be perfectly peaceful. In a larger group of 15-20 there should be even less problems. A lot of the time the nipping can come from being in an insufficiently sized group. Even my serpae tetras never gave me any problems.

I never had any issues with black skirts when I had them. I found them to be perfectly peaceful. In a larger group of 15-20 there should be even less problems. A lot of the time the nipping can come from being in an insufficiently sized group. Even my serpae tetras never gave me any problems.
Thanks for that :good: had mix reports so far. Some say they can be nippy but most have said pretty peaceful tbf.

Its not a tetra ive looked at much before but i think they look pretty cool.

We've had a peaceful school of serpae tetras (red minor tetras) for about 4 years. Hardy as heck and very pretty to look at - we haven't lost a single one in all that time! They are in with zebra danios and a big school of cory cats.

Over many years, we've had rummynose, cardinals, black neons, neons....the serpae are by far my favorite.

I have a group of bloodfin tetras and I’ve really enjoyed keeping them. They are practically see through except for the fin so they are always a favourite when guests visit. A very hardy fish to keep and they are easily adaptable in my experience.

Don't know nobody said cardinal tetras.
Had 60 gal tank with about 100 feed the live food and rain water..
They spawned.
I like cardinals but i dont like that they are more expensive than neons for basically a bit more red, and i dont like that they prefer their water warmer.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back