Whats your favorite tetra and why?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lots of love for congo tetras on here, ive only seen them once at my LFS and they always look blah, but im sure color up once in an established tank
20200508_145221.jpg
20200508_145404.jpg
20200508_145407.jpg

Just took these a couple of hours ago at my LFS. They were breathtaking.

Last edited:
It's cool that you have a good fish store! Mine sucks, even petco and petsmart are better by far!

Yup my lfs sucks as well, the petco and petsmar. Are really close and better but selection is low

They are awesome. Always getting in interesting fish. Did I mention a cute guy works there? ;)
Lol my neice used to always want me to take her to jimmy johns and i was like uh ok finally my wife clued me in that my neice liked a guy that worked there. My lfs is run by a bunch of guys that look like meth heads and their tanks reflect it:(

Last edited:
Lol my neice used to always want me to take her to jimmy johns and i was like uh ok finally my wife clued me in that my neice liked a giy that worked there. My lfs is run by a bunch of guys that look like meth heads and thrme tanks reflect it:(
Lol about the Jimmy johns

Black neons are my top favourite. Very polite with themselves and other tankmates. I keep neons too, my second favourite. The boys are little nippy turds with each other though.
I keep 6 black neons
received_227972514929098.jpeg

And 10 regular neons in the same tank
received_907512639690540.jpeg

I have skirt tetras as well, i like them but!!! Theyre aggressive only if kept in groups less than 6, or when the tank changes layout as they establish hierarchies, and keep more females than males. Theres also normal short finned, or the long fin. Ohhh and the glofish. I have one now left of those, husband brought 2 home when i asked for him to grab skirt tetras to increase our school lol they grew on me, they're not so bad out of the stupid glow light.

Plain in colour, maybe, but theyre actually very reflective and beautiful if you look at them close and keep them with enough of their own kind. Otherwise theyre psychotic. Kept proper after their hierarchy is settled, they sorta zen out very peacefully and only eat like little piranhas at feeding time.

My school is down during COVID, so i need to buy more when things reopen.

But heres my skirt school.

This is the boss, Whiskey, shes a big girl
received_677823882756830.jpeg

Daiquiri, my longfin white girl
received_558179658137904.jpeg

Kraken, our last gloskirt girl
received_641667059943610.jpeg

Morgan, our male white skirt, with a freckle on his head.
received_514525406124923.jpeg

Gin, our male black skirt, hes camera shy and hard to photograph.
received_212922746443873.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back