what is wrong with my betta?:(

emily123_

New Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
1
My betta is not doing so well. Here is some info about him:

Housing:
5 gallons
Filtered
No heater
Stays between 78-80
No tankmates

Food:
New life spectrum betta formula Pellets
Every day, 3 pellets a day

Maintenance:
1 gallon water change weekly (20%), vacuuming substrate and replacing it with faucet water treated with seachem prime

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 30

Symptoms:
I have noticed he appears to have lost scales on his head and back, and has a growing bump above his eye that appeared within the last week or so. He has been acting lethargic for several months, barely leaving the bottom of the tank laying on his side, and is not eating. He has always had poor eyesight, and was unable to successfully lunge for food anymore. I began using a dropper to feed him, but he has not taken any food for the past week) I have tried more frequent water changes, but no medication. I have also lowered his water level yesterday to make the trip up for air easier on him. I have no idea what to do. I have had him for almost three years, and if it is sickness and not just old age, I want to do everything I can!

ealvarez588 is online now Report Post
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1148.webp
    IMG_1148.webp
    548.9 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1151.webp
    IMG_1151.webp
    489.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1152.webp
    IMG_1152.webp
    565.7 KB · Views: 347

Most reactions

Back
Top