What?! Is this duckweed???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sooo. Long story short I had some guppies in a 10 gallon. I moved the fuplies to a 15 gallon and emptied the 10, completely rinsed everything and set up the tank on my new stand.

I found a little floating plant. It looks like duckweed to me. I have never EVER had duckweed in any of my tanks. how in the world did it get there? Is it duckweed or something else?
What's a fuplie?

Hand how do you get to type it without autcarrot repeatedly "correcting" your spelling?

<misses point of thread>

Now that I look at it, the leaves don't seem to be flat.

My mistake for calling it duckweed.

It could be a seedling from a terrestrial plant seed that blew into the tank, or duckweed. Baby duckweed plants can have 1 leaf and develop more as they grow.
I agree, it does look a lot like a terrestrial seedling.... But I am by no means an aquatic plant expert....So, what the Fuplie do I know!

I agree the root does look a little long for duckweed though the leaves look like it, though first seed leaves on plants look similar, I'd pot it in some soil and see what it grows into :)

I don't use any language or any substitute for any language. Its un healthy and its bad for the young ears around you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back