What?! Is this duckweed???

JuiceBox52

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Sooo. Long story short I had some guppies in a 10 gallon. I moved the fuplies to a 15 gallon and emptied the 10, completely rinsed everything and set up the tank on my new stand.

I found a little floating plant. It looks like duckweed to me. I have never EVER had duckweed in any of my tanks. how in the world did it get there? Is it duckweed or something else?

Attachments

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Yes, it is duckweed. Who knows how you got it. It could have been thrown in accidently by one of your LFS workers, the last time you bought fish/plants. That how I got all of my Salvinia, lol.

OP
JuiceBox52

JuiceBox52

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Yes, it is duckweed. Who knows how you got it. It could have been thrown in accidently by one of your LFS workers, the last time you bought fish/plants. That how I got all of my Salvinia, lol.
I havent bought fish or plants in 8 months! (For that tank)

OP
JuiceBox52

JuiceBox52

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I'm fine with having duckweed, in fact very happy if I do. I don't mind removing it. I'm just mind blown that its there, I could swear it wasn't when I drained the tank.

I nEEd mEnTAl HeLP

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally I don't think that looks like duckweed. That being said I literally have no clue what I think it is.. Something along the very vague lines of a seedling or something?
Could be wrong though. I've only kept giant duckweed before.

vanalisa

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Sooo. Long story short I had some guppies in a 10 gallon. I moved the fuplies to a 15 gallon and emptied the 10, completely rinsed everything and set up the tank on my new stand.

I found a little floating plant. It looks like duckweed to me. I have never EVER had duckweed in any of my tanks. how in the world did it get there? Is it duckweed or something else?
Looks kinda like an alfalfa sprout.
I think the roots are to wide to be connected to the green part. Duckweed is flat and has multiple hairline roots.
At least what I recall from last year

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days