What I have to say for the forum and future plans.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hm, maybe technically. Far be it from me to say I know more than seriouslyfish, but personally I wouldn't. Pandas like to be in fairly large groups, and they're pretty active little guys. I'd want them in a bigger tank.
i think all cories need at least 6 or more, and i dont think you could fit that many in a 10 gallon
but bottom dwellers is a good idea, are there any other small bottom fish that you like?
Hey, I was looking at Seriously Fish this morning, is it ok to keep Panda cories with a Betta in the 10g?
A tank measuring 18″ x 12″ x 12″ (45cm x 30cm x 30cm) – 42.5 litres is adequate for a small group of these. -Quoted from Seriously Fish

You could keep 6 to 10 pygmy cory in a 10 gallon; a very small bottom feeder that you could also keep would be shelfordii pangio or the smaller pangio cuneovirgata ; of which you could keep 10 to 20.

Last edited:
The trouble with pygmy cories is that, in my experience, they aren't really a bottom feeder. I do keep a school of p. cuneovirgata in my Sumatra tank, and they are wonderful little fish. Give them lots of hiding places; they like the mysterious life.

The trouble with pygmy cories is that, in my experience, they aren't really a bottom feeder. I do keep a school of p. cuneovirgata in my Sumatra tank, and they are wonderful little fish. Give them lots of hiding places; they like the mysterious life.
Where do your pygmy eat? Mine swim mid level but eat from the bottom.

My pygmies eat everywhere. They're now congregating in a group on the gravel and that's where they usually rest up, otherwise they can be found occasionally resting on a leaf or two.

I'm not getting pygmy cories. For one, the pet store doesn't have, for 2, I don't think they're safe around a Betta.
Yesterday when I got back from holiday, I went to the pet store and got 3 rummies and 3 black neons, put them in my betta tank coz the QT wasn't set up.
I put the HOB in the Betta tank with them. I will move them to my QT which I set up this morning, and put the sponge filter from the betta tank to cycle it. I might get my Betta this evening.
They are all ok except 2 black neons look like they have mouth fungus. Here's a pic.
black neon tetra with mouth fungus.JPEG

Hi, I bought 3 Black Neons and 3 Rummies, the rummynoses are fine but 2 black Neons look like they have
mouth fungus. The parameters when testing today were:
0-0.25ppm ammonia
0 nitrite
10 ppm nitrate
pH: 7.4
dKH: 1
dGH: 5
did a 50% water change to get rid of ammonia.
Here's a pic of one of the black neons.
black neon tetra with mouth fungus.JPEG

I would like to know if this is mouth fungus, what else it could be,
treatment, etc.. basically info. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's a bit hard to see anything on the mouth due to the colour. A video or more pictures might provide more information.

From the picture it does not look like mouth fungus (Columnaris), which causes the lips to go white and within 24-48 hours the white has chewed up the face and the fish is dead.

How long have you had the fish?
Have you added anything to the tank in the last 2 weeks?
How long has it looked like that?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back