What I have to say for the forum and future plans.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Interesting pics. That storage box should work fine. Do you know the K factor for your lights? I find that lights with a spectrum of around 6,000-7,000 K are best for both fish viewing and growing plants. WPG doesn't really apply to LED lights and it really isn't that useful for the old fluorescents either. The only way to really know what you need is to get a meter and measure the lumens at the bottom of your tank. But to be honest, I've never done that. I've kept enough planted tanks that I can use the TLAR (That Looks About Right) method to decide whether I have enough light or not.

Interesting pics. That storage box should work fine. Do you know the K factor for your lights? I find that lights with a spectrum of around 6,000-7,000 K are best for both fish viewing and growing plants. WPG doesn't really apply to LED lights and it really isn't that useful for the old fluorescents either. The only way to really know what you need is to get a meter and measure the lumens at the bottom of your tank. But to be honest, I've never done that. I've kept enough planted tanks that I can use the TLAR (That Looks About Right) method to decide whether I have enough light or not.
Nope, they don't tell the k factor. I set up the table I am using to put my 10g and put the storage box in it's place.

Being a youngling, you missed my point. Thankfully, @WhistlingBadger picked up on it. ;)
When I said that your Betta will enjoy that, I was referring to the shrimp dinners you planned on serving him. ;)
🤣🤣🤣
Sorry, I misunderstood. Since shrimps are hit and miss with a Betta, I'll try cherry shrimp first. If he eats them, I won't be getting any shrimp, but I will get a Asian Stone Catfish if I can find one and the price isn't too high.

I can't imagine keeping a betta tank outside. That would not work here. :) I see you're in Malasya...have you ever tried keeping the wild species from your area?
The rest of my tanks are outside in the porch.
I used to go to a jungle survival class with my brothers in Gombak, there are crabs, Amano shrimp, and a schooling fish I don't know the type and have never caught it to get a good look(so frisky) in the river. Anyway during covid cannot go. But there is a local pond where I found wisteria that has Mosquito fish(I think), Amano shrimp, Koi, Tilapia and a huge lobster that I only saw once. I will try to catch the fish next time and if they are a type that have been store-bred, I might keep them.
Btw, my friend has a pond with guppies and a big orange goldfish, would it be ok to add another goldfish(or more) to the pond so that it won't be lonely? The fish eat the stuff on the bottom of the pond and sometimes insects that drown, I come along sometimes with fish food and brine shrimp to feed the guppies and goldfish.

Ok so I have a few things I need to get... I have set up the 10g and the QT/breeding tank
My list for aquarium
HOB filter for 10g(the other one is making a ton of noise)
Sponge filter for QT tank
airline tubing for QT tank
air stone for QT tank
Aquarium light for QT tank

If you're planting fairly heavily, a sponge filter would probably be adequate for the 10g too. I personally don't like the noise and water churning of HOBs.

Your pond question depends on how big the pond is and how it's set up. Goldfish are a shoaling fish and they are happier with company, so if the pond is big enough I would tell your friend to add another goldie or two. At my last home, I had a large irrigation pond, about 10m by 15m and about 2m deep in the middle. It had a thick growth of hornwort, water lilies, and other wild plants growing in it. We added a few goldfish to help control mosquitoes and add some color. Even in the cold Wyoming climate, it only took them a year to grow quite big, around 30 cm, and vibrantly colored. They spawned so much that they became a problem, overpopulating the pond. (that problem went away the summer we stocked some largemouth bass in the pond...) Anyway. Goldfish LOVE living outdoors, even here. :)

If you're planting fairly heavily, a sponge filter would probably be adequate for the 10g too. I personally don't like the noise and water churning of HOBs.

Your pond question depends on how big the pond is and how it's set up. Goldfish are a shoaling fish and they are happier with company, so if the pond is big enough I would tell your friend to add another goldie or two. At my last home, I had a large irrigation pond, about 10m by 15m and about 2m deep in the middle. It had a thick growth of hornwort, water lilies, and other wild plants growing in it. We added a few goldfish to help control mosquitoes and add some color. Even in the cold Wyoming climate, it only took them a year to grow quite big, around 30 cm, and vibrantly colored. They spawned so much that they became a problem, overpopulating the pond. (that problem went away the summer we stocked some largemouth bass in the pond...) Anyway. Goldfish LOVE living outdoors, even here. :)
I prefer HOB and Dophin filters are super quiet. I will measure the pond and ask my neighbours permission. I'm sure she won't mind.

I prefer HOB and Dophin filters are super quiet. I will measure the pond and ask my neighbours permission. I'm sure she won't mind.
The pond isn't an oval it's a funny shape. I will give you some pics. She also has a pond full of tadpoles at the back that is rectangular and easy to measure. I will measure that too.
Btw, I just found out my grandmother used to have an oscar. She had a 100gallon tank(I think-coz she just said, it was HUGE! Bigger than your tank!'). Oscars are lovely fish. I wonder if I will ever get a tank big enough to suit them.

I'm so confused. Is this a thread about aquarium or the forum or is the forum a fish looking for a new aquarium ?

I'm so confused. Is this a thread about aquarium or the forum or is the forum a fish looking for a new aquarium ?
I believe it is a thread wherein Animallover expressed some gratitude for the help she's gotten from the forum, and about her further aquarium plans now that she has assimilated said help...right?

Hey, I was looking at Seriously Fish this morning, is it ok to keep Panda cories with a Betta in the 10g?
A tank measuring 18″ x 12″ x 12″ (45cm x 30cm x 30cm) – 42.5 litres is adequate for a small group of these. -Quoted from Seriously Fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back