Beastije
Fish Addict
I have not been active on the forum, well on any forum, I have been just slowly poking into my tanks, shuffling fish, letting some fish go, letting some tanks be and looking for inspiration
The biggest pain in my eye right now for me is my oldest physicall tank, a 54 liter, 60x30x30cm. I have had it for 12,5 years, it was never empty and I feel like i alreayd had all the interresting combinations I could have and have nothing else to try. It doesnt photograph well due to the window light.
It is too small for most interresting combinations or fish, I have had so many already, so looking for unusual or unique tips.
My water is sort of neutral, 7-7,5 ph, soft. Very common plants (moss, hornwort, abubias), sand substrate, low flow external filter (was experimenting, is not great), low light, sometimes heater
Currently it houses 8 least rasboras, that I have had for 2,5 years, they are not sold here since, I wanted to up their numbers since they are shy and boring, but not possible. Everyone has chillis.
3-5 rosy loaches. 1,5 years. They are amazing, I would need more for them to be active, but they are impossible to get, noone orders from Glasser anymore.
1 faunus ater that I got from someone wiht broken shell in october 2022. low maintenance snail btw.
What I attempted from the most recent:
- 20 pygmy corydoras, for some reasone, never saw them and they died out in few months, even when I bought more, even in other tanks in my past attemps. Not my fish it seems. So sad.
- Dario sp - quite undherwhelming fish tbh
- two honey gourami, but it was the pale asian variant, didnt last two months. The true honeys are not possible to get here for the past 5 years or so
- breeding tylomelania snails with pseudomugil luminatus - I loved both, but been there, done that, have few leftover luminatus that I bread in other tank, same with snails. This combo was here for more than 2 years
- ember tetras (not my favorite fish, very boring, I assume other similar shaped tetras will be the same)
- some leftover neolamprologus multifasciatus after I dismantled the large colony I had
- hengeli rasboras when I was remaking other tank
- a betta fish
- some endlers, some guppies for a short while
- CPO crayfish
- zebra danios (not their first home their last after 2 years in another tank. it is too small for them otherwise)
Other fish I own or have owned in the past
- indostomus paradoxus
- norman's lampey
- peacock gudgeons
- clown killifish
- peapuffers (not a good choice)
- white cloud mountain minnows
I will not mention the other fish that would not fit in this volume anyway.
Did I miss any small sized fish that would be a worthy experiment? Thank you
The biggest pain in my eye right now for me is my oldest physicall tank, a 54 liter, 60x30x30cm. I have had it for 12,5 years, it was never empty and I feel like i alreayd had all the interresting combinations I could have and have nothing else to try. It doesnt photograph well due to the window light.
It is too small for most interresting combinations or fish, I have had so many already, so looking for unusual or unique tips.
My water is sort of neutral, 7-7,5 ph, soft. Very common plants (moss, hornwort, abubias), sand substrate, low flow external filter (was experimenting, is not great), low light, sometimes heater
Currently it houses 8 least rasboras, that I have had for 2,5 years, they are not sold here since, I wanted to up their numbers since they are shy and boring, but not possible. Everyone has chillis.
3-5 rosy loaches. 1,5 years. They are amazing, I would need more for them to be active, but they are impossible to get, noone orders from Glasser anymore.
1 faunus ater that I got from someone wiht broken shell in october 2022. low maintenance snail btw.
What I attempted from the most recent:
- 20 pygmy corydoras, for some reasone, never saw them and they died out in few months, even when I bought more, even in other tanks in my past attemps. Not my fish it seems. So sad.
- Dario sp - quite undherwhelming fish tbh
- two honey gourami, but it was the pale asian variant, didnt last two months. The true honeys are not possible to get here for the past 5 years or so
- breeding tylomelania snails with pseudomugil luminatus - I loved both, but been there, done that, have few leftover luminatus that I bread in other tank, same with snails. This combo was here for more than 2 years
- ember tetras (not my favorite fish, very boring, I assume other similar shaped tetras will be the same)
- some leftover neolamprologus multifasciatus after I dismantled the large colony I had
- hengeli rasboras when I was remaking other tank
- a betta fish
- some endlers, some guppies for a short while
- CPO crayfish
- zebra danios (not their first home their last after 2 years in another tank. it is too small for them otherwise)
Other fish I own or have owned in the past
- indostomus paradoxus
- norman's lampey
- peacock gudgeons
- clown killifish
- peapuffers (not a good choice)
- white cloud mountain minnows
I will not mention the other fish that would not fit in this volume anyway.
Did I miss any small sized fish that would be a worthy experiment? Thank you







