What I have to say for the forum and future plans.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Would it be ok to keep my Betta in the 1/2 gallon while I move the shrimps in his tank and quarantine the next 6 black neons in the QT tank?
Temporarily, yes, but don't keep him there. How long would you plan to have him there?

So I went to my friends house and this is her pond. I couldn't find the measuring tape, so I couldn't measure.
this is the left hand side of her pond.
right hand side of pond.JPEG

This is a narrow creek joining 2 big swimming areas
narrow pathway in pond.JPEG

This is where you pass the bridge to go into her house
pond with bridge.JPEG

This is the other side of the pond.
pond with goldfish right side.JPEG

These are the guppies..
guppies in pond.JPEG

And here is goldie
goldie.JPEG

4/11/2021
50% water change Betta tank
50% water change community tank
100% water change Quarantine tank, added substrate, has hornwort, might be getting cardinals tomorrow. It's a very good online seller, same day shipping with no shipping fee, healthy fish, one person ordered fish and they arrived in the next 3 hours! Good prices too.

might be getting cardinals tomorrow. It's a very good online seller, same day shipping with no shipping fee, healthy fish, one person ordered fish and they arrived in the next 3 hours! Good prices too.
The seller just went out of stock. Anyway I went to the pet shop and got 9 Cardinal tetras that are teeny babies(about 0.7 inches). My mum says that I will now go to the pet shop every fortnight instead of weekly. That's why I got 9 instead of 6. At first I kept going to the shop and thinking they were neon tetras; today I just realized that they were cardinals that hadn't coloured up! This is all I'm getting coz they are expensive. I will breed them when they have matured, which should be about 8 months if I am correct.

Cardinal tetras have a red line that runs along the entire length of their body.
Neon tetras have a red line that only runs half way along their body.

Most tetras can breed when 3 months old. feed the babies well (3-5 times a day) with a variety of foods and do lots of big water changes. they will grow rapidly.

Cardinal tetras have a red line that runs along the entire length of their body.
Neon tetras have a red line that only runs half way along their body.

Most tetras can breed when 3 months old. feed the babies well (3-5 times a day) with a variety of foods and do lots of big water changes. they will grow rapidly.
Yes I know the difference between cardinals and neons.
Yay I can breed them at 3 months!
Ok I'll do big water changes and feed them a lot of times.
Here are my 9 cardinals(my camera quality is terrible and the submersible light is not good)
cardinal tetras.JPEG

Any fish can have TB but it doesn't normally show any symptoms until the fish is about to die. Skinny fish can have intestinal worms and or gill flukes. They might also have external protozoan parasites. I can't tell what the fish is like in the picture but if you are concerned, try deworming the fish. It won't hurt them but will kill any worms or flukes in them.

See section 3 of the following link for treating worms in fish.

I did a 50% water change on the QT, threw out all my hornwort(coz it is shedding it's needles all over the place). I replaced the hornwort with frogbit.

My shrimp should be arriving today! I've setup my 1/2 gallon but I'm only gonna keep him in there for the night and put him back in the morning. I feel so sorry for him.

I am very very very bad at actually doing what I say. I just got the shrimp, put them in the tank and added the betta back. He is chasing them, and trying to bite them, I am very sad!!! None are dead yet. I'm going to add them to the community tank and see what happens. If they get eaten, I'm just not going to get any shrimp.

feed fish before adding anything new to the tank, especially if the new items are small and might resemble food. If fish are well fed, they will be less inclined to eating new tank mates that are small.

feed fish before adding anything new to the tank, especially if the new items are small and might resemble food. If fish are well fed, they will be less inclined to eating new tank mates that are small.
I did. A lot. Anyway I have added my shrimp to the 55g, and they are swimming everywhere. The tetras are also babies and juveniles, and are taking no notice at all. Since they are growing up together, I think they can be ok. The shrimp are only about 2cm at the moment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back