What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think all of the above, and broken a few mirrors, killed a few black cats and generally pissed off the big guy upstairs.

I have moved a few times since 2016.
Yeah I meant moving outside the US, since you are basically on your own there, no assistance, no compensation, no protection,... It feels like you would get better results living on the street anywhere in europe than you do living in a house in the US...

Yeah I meant moving outside the US, since you are basically on your own there, no assistance, no compensation, no protection,... It feels like you would get better results living on the street anywhere in europe than you do living in a house in the US...
I'm in Australia. Makes it even worse, doesn't it :)

Australia, the lucky country. Now with over 100,000 homeless people.

Apparently only 5% of cystitis cases in cats are caused by bacterial infections, which is why his last episode was treated with an anti-inflammatory - a prescription only inflammatory. Since it's only a few weeks since the last episode, he now has the same anti-inflammatory and a (prescription only) antibiotic as he may be one of the 5% and an infection has been been grumbling away inside since the last episode.
Cystitis is also more common in elderly cats and ours is 17. Had he been a young cat they would have anaesthetised him to do an ultrasound and check for crystals in his bladder but they don't like anaesthetising elderly cats except when absolutely necessary (like the operation on his paw last year)

There was a gorgeous, absolutely enormous dog brought into the waiting room while we were there. It could have eaten Leo in a couple of bites, and Leo is a big cat. I wouldn't like to have to control a dog that size. I'm still searching to find out what it was.......

Apparently only 5% of cystitis cases in cats are caused by bacterial infections, which is why his last episode was treated with an anti-inflammatory - a prescription only inflammatory. Since it's only a few weeks since the last episode, he now has the same anti-inflammatory and a (prescription only) antibiotic as he may be one of the 5% and an infection has been been grumbling away inside since the last episode.

There was a gorgeous, absolutely enormous dog brought into the waiting room while we were there. It could have eaten Leo in a couple of bites, and Leo is a big cat. I wouldn't like to have to control a dog that size. I'm still searching to find out what it was.......
Why didn't the vet take a swab and shove it under a microscope?

We went to the vets years ago and they had painted a white wall and put black images on it. A black tree, something else and a black cat. My kelpie x walks into the vet and wanders over to say hi to the staff. Then she comes back and sits down. She looks at the wall and gets up into a crouch pose and stares at this black cat. I said "what's up" but the dog didn't flinch. She just stood there for about 10 minutes staring at this image of a black cat waiting for it to run. Everyone in the room was sayin "what's going on". Then they saw the image of the cat and were lol.

It's not easy taking a swab from a wide awake cat.......

Today's battle is nearly over (I hope). These fuplie insects are pissing me off. Dead bugs everywhere, on my bed, in my food, all over the computer table, walls, pantry. I'm gonna burn this place down

Today's battle is nearly over (I hope). These fuplie insects are pissing me off. Dead bugs everywhere, on my bed, in my food, all over the computer table, walls, pantry. I'm gonna burn this place down
What kind of bugs are you dealing with?

What kind of bugs are you dealing with?
During the night I have to deal with mozzies and midges.
During the day I have these tiny little turd flies that land on the flywire and hop through the gaps. I think they are fungus gnats but they are fupling annoying.
And if I open the front door, the blowflies come in.

It's the middle of winter ffs, there shouldn't be any insects around.

And there's also spiders but I tend to leave them alone if they have a web so they can catch the bugs. There are so many bugs in here the spider webs look like Xmas trees and most of the bugs just sit there uneaten.

And then there's ants. The first night I slept here I got woken up by thousands of ants crawling over me and the walls, ceiling, floor, table, everything was covered in them.

And some giant big as mozzie things but they don't bite. If they did you would probably lose an arm coz these things are like an inch long. Dinosaur mozzies with 1/2 inch long bitey thing.

During the night I have to deal with mozzies and midges.
During the day I have these tiny little turd flies that land on the flywire and hop through the gaps. I think they are fungus gnats but they are fupling annoying.
And if I open the front door, the blowflies come in.

It's the middle of winter ffs, there shouldn't be any insects around.

And there's also spiders but I tend to leave them alone if they have a web so they can catch the bugs. There are so many bugs in here the spider webs look like Xmas trees and most of the bugs just sit there uneaten.

And then there's ants. The first night I slept here I got woken up by thousands of ants crawling over me and the walls, ceiling, floor, table, everything was covered in them.

And some giant big as mozzie things but they don't bite. If they did you would probably lose an arm coz these things are like an inch long. Dinosaur mozzies with 1/2 inch long bitey thing.
Some nice (non chemical) ways to dispose of various niggly buggies...

Some nice (non chemical) ways to dispose of various niggly buggies...

I use alcohol to kill things. I should really drink it but it tastes bad and it's fun watching bugs squirm and burn. After 200 flies have landed on you and your stuff, it's nice to see one on the ground in a drop of alcohol freaking out for a few seconds before it dies. I got a blowfly today and it spun around on its back for a minute before slowing down so I gassed him a second time and he did the little twitch thing and died. My poor neighbours having to listen to me screaming and swearing. Yeah I'm going a bit nuts here.

I don't mind Basil so I might see about getting some when I go out next. But if it turns out to be like the mozzie buster plant I bought, I won't be happy. I bought a citronella plant that was advertised as being a "mozzie buster" and mosquitoes apparently hated it. The ones in my backyard loved it and every day I would go out and shake the plant, and 2 billion mozzies would come out of it and mug me. And the plant was only a couple of feet high. It actually attracted them.

Today, my daughters are visiting. We went to an excellent plant store, and a tempting bakery. Then they went kayaking and then I grilled a nice supper. I bought some killie eggs in an online auction (I got the eggs before I grilled the chicken, so the eggs came first), and just relaxed with the family. I also got some plants for the fishroom, in a clearance sale of really healthy stuff. I wish I could find a pet store with deals as good on fish as healthy.
We have more mosquitoes than I have ever seen before. Hey Colin, I think I understand more. I had to put bug spray on, which I hate doing. The saltwater mosquitoes here are smaller than I'm used to, but they are ferocious and quick. So we spent a lot of time indoors.
Now, crickets.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back