What are you doing today?

Today I fainted in school. I guess it was because of a migraine. I tried to stick the migraine out, as I had 2 more periods left. As I look back it mustā€™ve been my migraine talking, as it would be impossible to bike 2 miles through some large roads and intersections. I fainted and woke up. My peripheral vision was blurry, everything was growing larger, then smaller, then larger, then smaller. I had a splitting headache behind my eyes, and I had a deep throb in my teeth, which was really weird. Needless to say, I couldnā€™t walk straight. It took all my concentration to walk forward, and breathing was laborious. Thankfully, my mom was able to pick me up within 20 minutes (I bike to school). By then I had chills, and I couldnā€™t fall asleep. About an hour and a half later, I fell asleep, and slept for 7.5 hours. I missed lunch, and dinner, and woke up at 9:00. I feel ok. I have a migraine hangover, but Iā€™m feeling ok.

Today I fainted in school. I guess it was because of a migraine. I tried to stick the migraine out, as I had 2 more periods left. As I look back it mustā€™ve been my migraine talking, as it would be impossible to bike 2 miles through some large roads and intersections. I fainted and woke up. My peripheral vision was blurry, everything was growing larger, then smaller, then larger, then smaller. I had a splitting headache behind my eyes, and I had a deep throb in my teeth, which was really weird. Needless to say, I couldnā€™t walk straight. It took all my concentration to walk forward, and breathing was laborious. Thankfully, my mom was able to pick me up within 20 minutes (I bike to school). By then I had chills, and I couldnā€™t fall asleep. About an hour and a half later, I fell asleep, and slept for 7.5 hours. I missed lunch, and dinner, and woke up at 9:00. I feel ok. I have a migraine hangover, but Iā€™m feeling ok.
I used to get those, but I outgrew them in college. Hopefully you will too! Glad mom was there to help.

I feel that, Iā€™m sorry. :(

Today I fainted in school. I guess it was because of a migraine. I tried to stick the migraine out, as I had 2 more periods left.
Have you spoken to a doctor about the migraines?

You should also talk to your doctor about fainting because that could be something minor like dehydration, hot weather, low blood sugar or something worse like a heart problem and low blood pressure.

Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of water.

Have you spoken to a doctor about the migraines?

You should also talk to your doctor about fainting because that could be something minor like dehydration, hot weather, low blood sugar or something worse like a heart problem and low blood pressure.

Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of water.
I agree talk to the doctor. For myself, fainting from pain (not usually migraines, though I have migraine as well) is not uncommon for myself, it is due to my underlying conditions, so me fainting 5-20x a day is normal, but you fainting once is potentially dangerous

Last edited:
I am doing the usual today, killing bugs in the house, got about 50 of them so far and it's around lunchtime so still got a few hours to go. It's a war where they come in swarms and I kill them before they land on me. I don't always get them in time and they sometimes get me first. This goes on all day and into the early hours of the night, then settles down around 10pm. At which time I have a light on in the hall and they gather around that. Then I gas the bloody things and step on them as they fall to the ground. Yes I'm going a little nuts here.

In between killing bugs I am writing to the government to make them enact a law about pet shops taking unwanted fish. I have been on the phone all morning to different government departments but it seems there are no laws saying pet shops must take back unwanted aquarium fish so we are left with the choice of killing them or releasing them into the wild. Neither of which are acceptable options.

I am doing the usual today, killing bugs in the house, got about 50 of them so far and it's around lunchtime so still got a few hours to go. It's a war where they come in swarms and I kill them before they land on me. I don't always get them in time and they sometimes get me first. This goes on all day and into the early hours of the night, then settles down around 10pm. At which time I have a light on in the hall and they gather around that. Then I gas the bloody things and step on them as they fall to the ground. Yes I'm going a little nuts here.

In between killing bugs I am writing to the government to make them enact a law about pet shops taking unwanted fish. I have been on the phone all morning to different government departments but it seems there are no laws saying pet shops must take back unwanted aquarium fish so we are left with the choice of killing them or releasing them into the wild. Neither of which are acceptable options.
I have posted about this today, I would only take back fish that I had sold to someone. I would try and find homes for the others. Take the Blue Gourami's. I would never stock them, so why would I want to buy one back from someone who has one that is a pain in the ass.

I have posted about this today, I would only take back fish that I had sold to someone. I would try and find homes for the others. Take the Blue Gourami's. I would never stock them, so why would I want to buy one back from someone who has one that is a pain in the ass.
It doesnā€™t have to be buying them back, no store credit or cash, just taking them in to sell rather been being released or killed

It doesnā€™t have to be buying them back, no store credit or cash, just taking them in to sell rather been being released or killed
The problem is where do you put them? I had fifteen tanks, all of them had young fish, tetras, Rasboras and Barbs. Where do I put a full-grown Blue Gourami? The other tanks had things like Chocolate Gourami's, Butterfly Fish. Clown Killifish etc.

On the subject of rehoming fish

There are various schemes run by animal charities that allow owners of pets to register those pets so that when the owner passes away and have no family or the family cannot/will not take the pet(s), the nominated animal charity will take the pet(s) and rehome them on behalf of the deceased owner.

I was interested in seeing how this would work.

There are about a dozen such animal charities running variations of this scheme.

Horses, donkeys, rabbits, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, normal pigs, goats, reptiles, mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, cows, sheep, amphibians, llamas and alpacas....all catered for.

Fish...?

Nope...nothing...nada.....

That is complete and total discrimination and inequality against fish.

On the subject of rehoming fish

There are various schemes run by animal charities that allow owners of pets to register those pets so that when the owner passes away and have no family or the family cannot/will not take the pet(s), the nominated animal charity will take the pet(s) and rehome them on behalf of the deceased owner.

I was interested in seeing how this would work.

There are about a dozen such animal charities running variations of this scheme.

Horses, donkeys, rabbits, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, normal pigs, goats, reptiles, mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, cows, sheep, amphibians, llamas and alpacas....all catered for.

Fish...?

Nope...nothing...nada.....

That is complete and total discrimination and inequality against fish.
Fish are really complicated, very few people understand their needs and even fewer people have the tanks space and willpower to do what is needed. I have eight empty tanks in the garage, I don't know if I am ready to set them up to house unwanted fish and then try to rehome them. That will take a lot of work.

Sounds like my covid symptoms to me šŸ¤’ feel better soon!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back