What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Tylenol feels like it hasn't done much in fact I feel a little nauseas and the pain is worse 😑
That sounds like the migraines my mother used to suffer from - pain that painkillers don't touch, sensitivity to bright light, nausea.

Huh... Did not know that. Thank you. I figured that it would he good cause then I can take a nice long nap but nope guess not. I'm feeling it now. Luna our dog decided to hop up on my bed and lay with me for a long time... That was nice. My head still hurts but I was very relaxed with her there...
The Tylenol feels like it hasn't done much in fact I feel a little nauseas and the pain is worse 😑
Not doing exercise before bedtime anymore... Yikes 😵‍💫
Have you called the doctor? Your symptoms really don’t sound all that great? Chest pains and a head ache not a good combo, especially if you start feeling sick

Maybe... I just personally wouldn't grab some from a source in nature. Not because nature doesn't go well in the tank, more because you never know what you're adding by doing that.
There could be chemicals or types of microscopic organisms that are not always the beneficial kind...
Oaks solve your problems.The drying leaves stay on the tree til later in winter. Once they have dried, you pick them. Not from the ground, but from the tree. They won't be ready yet.

If you buy them, then someone else picked them from a tree.

I started doing this on the advice of an aquarist who was in his nineties, and I have done it for 30 years with never a problem, as long as I stayed with oaks.

I won't be a web doctor, but as a reflux guy, painkillers like tylenol are really hard on the stomach when the reflux is bad. So the headache treatment triggers the reflux more, but the headache sounds like migraine, so you have to deal with it. I'd sit down with the family doctor and come up with something.

Last edited:
You might ask your doctor if you should take omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid reflux. It lowers the amount of acid your stomach produces. I’ve bee ntaking it for many years for reflux.
I really don't want to be on meds daily....

That sounds like the migraines my mother used to suffer from - pain that painkillers don't touch, sensitivity to bright light, nausea.
My mom has the migranes... I don't know if this was migranes or not. Could have just been too much time on fish forums 😅. And also when my brother screamed... Ow.
Have you called the doctor? Your symptoms really don’t sound all that great? Chest pains and a head ache not a good combo, especially if you start feeling sick
Well the chest pains I'm not THAT worried about cause one they rarely happen and two,when they do its usually after I've eaten slot and then done physical exercise. Which is pretty normal... But the stomach aches I need to check out. I've already asked my mom about going to the doctor to get an allergy test done for foods and she said yes because she knows that the stomach aches affect my day to day life but when she called the line was SUPER busy so we couldn't make an appointment...

Oaks solve your problems.The drying leaves stay on the tree til later in winter. Once they have dried, you pick them. Not from the ground, but from the tree. They won't be ready yet.

If you buy them, then someone else picked them from a tree.

I started doing this on the advice of an aquarist who was in his nineties, and I have done it for 30 years with never a problem, as long as I stayed with oaks.

I won't be a web doctor, but as a reflux guy, painkillers like tylenol are really hard on the stomach when the reflux is bad. So the headache treatment triggers the reflux more, but the headache sounds like migraine, so you have to deal with it. I'd sit down with the family doctor and come up with something.
Oh thats good to know! Thank you!

Yah maybe that's why I felt nauseas after the Tylenol then... My stomach is pretty sensitive with certain things. In fact anytime I have pizza now, I try to have tums (one tablet before having it and one tablet after having it).

While it could be a migraine I doubt it. My mom gets them and this headache wasn't like that. It wasn't extreme. I'd say it was a medium strength headache and not something to be all that concerned about.
But I will bring it up to my doctor.

I have LOTS of different kinds of leaves here available in the Fall, that are suitable for aquariums....if only I didn't live in a refinery town, and had the pollution concerns to deal with

I just stick to IALs I have bought online

Yah that's what I'm worried about here... The pollution.

I was under the impression that you lived in a rural area?
Its on the outskirts of a medium sized town but its not air pollution, its water pollution. There is a park near us with oak trees but the water source there is a river. Upstream (literally right next to the park) there is an airport. Well fuel gets dumped into that river. You can see the shine in the water.
And the area I'm guessing gets flooded with the hurricanes. My fear is that I pick up a leaf and its contaminated with something... We are not the dirtiest city but I'd say that we have horrible water. And also I'm pretty sure the park sprays out pesticides. I don't want to kill all my fish just cause I added a leaf to their tank

Its on the outskirts of a medium sized town but its not air pollution, its water pollution. There is a park near us with oak trees but the water source there is a river. Upstream (literally right next to the park) there is an airport. Well fuel gets dumped into that river. You can see the shine in the water.
And the area I'm guessing gets flooded with the hurricanes. My fear is that I pick up a leaf and its contaminated with something... We are not the dirtiest city but I'd say that we have horrible water. And also I'm pretty sure the park sprays out pesticides. I don't want to kill all my fish just cause I added a leaf to their tank
Get some IALS....I recommend them for every FW tank...the benefits are established, and proven, for fish, shrimp, and snails

Easy to find, easy to place in the tank, and easy to remove when decomposed...I'll always keep them in all of my tanks

Rocky, if you just want the benefits of tannins in your water, another option is to add some rooibos tea to your tank.

I don't like leaves in my Sumatra tank--they take up too much room and look out of place in a rice paddy--but my fish are mostly from black water habitats. Just get some cheap rooibos tea from amazon or the grocery store. Make sure it's pure rooibos, without any other herbs in it. A lot of rooibos teas are blends, mostly because the stuff tastes terrible! 😝 About one tea bag per ten gallons of tank will do it. Leave the tea bags in over night. Does the trick!

I have been wanting to get some IALs. Their really beautiful leaves.
First though I need to get that 40g, the heater, the sand, new filter definitely, and lots of plants off Etsy... Maybe I can include IALs in the purchase. We will see if my budget allows it. (I know their cheap but I'm seriously trying to spend as little as I have to, to get the 40g initially set up)...
My parents said they have to talk about !e setting up the 40g... Strange... Cause I could have sworn my mom was ok with it 🤔
I'm trying to point out alk the benefits. Like less time doing water changes. No gap that I can't clean in between the 10g and 20g AND I can make it look prettier while having more fish lol... Don't say anything about possible leaks and all that lol.
I'm learning how to be a car's salesman 😂

Most reactions

Back