What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There's always somewhere you can grab some leaves from.
Maybe... I just personally wouldn't grab some from a source in nature. Not because nature doesn't go well in the tank, more because you never know what you're adding by doing that.
There could be chemicals or types of microscopic organisms that are not always the beneficial kind...

Maybe... I just personally wouldn't grab some from a source in nature. Not because nature doesn't go well in the tank, more because you never know what you're adding by doing that.
There could be chemicals or types of microscopic organisms that are not always the beneficial kind...
If you grab the leaves that are recently fallen and don't have anything growing on them you should be fine.

If you grab the leaves that are recently fallen and don't have anything growing on them you should be fine.
True... I MAY try it someday with an experimental tank lol...
But I don't want to accidentally murder my fish 😅

I just put some in both my killi tank and my community tank. We'll see what happens.
Where do you collect your leaves from? A park or something?
How do you know if their ok? Do you get the fresh green ones that have fallen and then allow them to dry?

Where do you collect your leaves from? A park or something?
How do you know if their ok? Do you get the fresh green ones that have fallen and then allow them to dry?
Where I live the leaves are already drying on the trees and falling.
Our neighbor has two large pin oak trees and our yard always fills with their leaves.

You must wait for them to dry completely before adding to your tank.
Earlier this year I picked green birch leaves to see if they would dry. To this day they are still green which seems to indicate sap content.

Today was very windy and blew lots of brown leaves from the oak trees. I picked up the most recent ones that were free from blemishes.
In general, any hardwood leaves will be fish safe.

Where I live the leaves are already drying on the trees and falling.
Our neighbor has two large pin oak trees and our yard always fills with their leaves.

You must wait for them to dry completely before adding to your tank.
Earlier this year I picked green birch leaves to see if they would dry. To this day they are still green which seems to indicate sap content.

Today was very windy and blew lots of brown leaves from the oak trees. I picked up the most recent ones that were free from blemishes.
In general, any hardwood leaves will be fish safe.
I don't feel confident enough to identify where the leaves came from or how "fresh" they are... So I may play it safe and not do it lol...

Yesterday it was acid reflexes and stomach/chest pain... Today is a headache 🙄... Took some Tylenol (I rarely take any meds). It was the kind of head ache where it makes your eyes ache... Owww.... Still mildly hurts a bit... I'm confused as to why my body has been not doing well lately 🤔. I drink plenty of water, I try to have healthy salads, and I've been exercising before bed...
That seems like I should be doing better not worse 😕...
I'm where the blue blocker glasses right now so the screen doesn't burn my eyes out lol

Yesterday it was acid reflexes and stomach/chest pain... Today is a headache 🙄... Took some Tylenol (I rarely take any meds). It was the kind of head ache where it makes your eyes ache... Owww.... Still mildly hurts a bit... I'm confused as to why my body has been not doing well lately 🤔. I drink plenty of water, I try to have healthy salads, and I've been exercising before bed...
I'm where the blue blocker glasses right now so the screen doesn't burn my eyes out lol
Try exercising in the morning instead. Exercise before bed will mess up your sleep rhythm and can make headaches worse and more frequent

Try exercising in the morning instead. Exercise before bed will mess up your sleep rhythm and can make headaches worse and more frequent
Huh... Did not know that. Thank you. I figured that it would he good cause then I can take a nice long nap but nope guess not. I'm feeling it now. Luna our dog decided to hop up on my bed and lay with me for a long time... That was nice. My head still hurts but I was very relaxed with her there...
The Tylenol feels like it hasn't done much in fact I feel a little nauseas and the pain is worse 😑
Not doing exercise before bedtime anymore... Yikes 😵‍💫

Met with a few friends for Bible study this morning. Ate some ribs I smoked yesterday, with a perfectly ripe pear for dessert. Took a short nap. Drank some tea. Got my hunting rifles sighted in. My .270 is shooting 1" groups at 100 yards (here, elky, elky, elky!), and I obliterated a water jug with the girls' .243, which is always satisfying. 💥 Then had supper with a bunch of friends that I haven't seen for a long time. Now a shower and a good night's sleep. Not the worst day.

You might ask your doctor if you should take omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid reflux. It lowers the amount of acid your stomach produces. I’ve bee taking it for many years for reflux.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back