What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky, if you just want the benefits of tannins in your water, another option is to add some rooibos tea to your tank.

I don't like leaves in my Sumatra tank--they take up too much room and look out of place in a rice paddy--but my fish are mostly from black water habitats. Just get some cheap rooibos tea from amazon or the grocery store. Make sure it's pure rooibos, without any other herbs in it. A lot of rooibos teas are blends, mostly because the stuff tastes terrible! 😝 About one tea bag per ten gallons of tank will do it. Leave the tea bags in over night. Does the trick!

Thank you I will keep that in mind!
I like tannins but I honestly wouldn't JUST add the tannins themselves... I would want the leaves. I want to see how the gudgeons interact with it and use it in their environment. I really like the look of leaves at the bottom of tanks when I see pictures of it.

My mom has the migranes... I don't know if this was migranes or not. Could have just been too much time on fish forums 😅. And also when my brother screamed... Ow.

Well the chest pains I'm not THAT worried about cause one they rarely happen and two,when they do its usually after I've eaten slot and then done physical exercise. Which is pretty normal... But the stomach aches I need to check out. I've already asked my mom about going to the doctor to get an allergy test done for foods and she said yes because she knows that the stomach aches affect my day to day life but when she called the line was SUPER busy so we couldn't make an appointment...
Remind her to call again :) no harm in getting things checked out 🙌

Remind her to call again :) no harm in getting things checked out 🙌
The doctor we go to is about 30 something minutes away lol... Imma remind my mom again. I cant remind her too much cause she gets stressed and anxious quick

I've been trying our dog for searching. Right now I'm using my phone as the target. I just started by putting the treat on the phone and using a treat trail to lead her there. Then I just put the treat on my phone for her to search out. And finally I just used my phone while I held a treat.
She's still got some work to do obviously but she did find my phone without there being a treat on it! She has learned extremely fast. All this in just a few hours.
I want to keep working with her.

All I say is "Luna search!" And she goes out to look around.

I've been messing with a new computer game or, at least, new to me. It is called Middle Earth, Shadow of War. It is based on The Lord of the Rings but in a time frame of when the ring of power was made. Graphics are pretty good as is the game play. It is an RPG with real time battles, I can't stand turn based battles. So far the only downside I've seen is that you don't seem to be able to save the game while in the middle of a quest. Haven't gotten far in yet, just completed the first two mission, but it looks pretty danged good so far. The thing is HUGE taking ~112 GB of disk space. If you like RPG games like this make sure that you have enough drive space.

I got it through a site called gog.com where I get most of my games. Only paid $8.99 including two expansion packs. If you agree to receive their emails they also give away a lot of games. I've probably gotten 20+ free games. One thing I like is they have a lot of old classic games, such as Baulder's Gate, that have been rewritten to run on modern systems. LOL! I still love some of the old stuff even having emulators to let me play old Super Nintendo, Play Station 1 and Nintendo 64 games. I still love Yoshi's Island on the Super Nintendo, Medi Evil on the Play Station 1 and Star Fox on the Nintendo 54.

In about 20 minutes I'll be watching my Cleveland Indians Guardians baseball game. Three more games to go and then the playoffs. :)

Last edited:
I've been messing with a new computer game or, at least, new to me. It is called Middle Earth, Shadow of War. It is based on The Lord of the Rings but in a time frame of when the ring of power was made. Graphics are pretty good as is the game play. It is an RPG with real time battles, I can't stand turn based battles. So far the only downside I've seen is that you don't seem to be able to save the game while in the middle of a quest. Haven't gotten far in yet, just completed the first mission, but it looks pretty danged good so far.

I got it through a site called gog.com where I get most of my games. Only paid $8.99 including two expansion packs. If you agree to receive their emails they also give away a lot of games. I've probably gotten 20+ free games. One thing I like is they have a lot of old classic games, such as Baulder's Gate, that have been rewritten to run on modern systems. LOL! I still love some of the old stuff even having emulators to let me play old Super Nintendo, Play Station 1 and Nintendo 64 games. I still love Yoshi's Island on the Super Nintendo, Medi Evil on the Play Station 1 and Star Fox on the Nintendo 54.

In about 20 minutes I'll be watching my Cleveland Indians Guardians baseball game. Three more games to go and then the playoffs. :)
That does sound pretty awesome, I used to like playing Pandemonium & Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

Doing my water change and then poor captain Nemo went up into the tube!! He was paralyzed for a while and only moved very little... He dropped on the floor when I thought I could "dump" him back into the tank so I had to use my hand to grab him off the floor.
He definitely isn't moving as much but he is getting better I think... Whew stressful

Doing my water change and then poor captain Nemo went up into the tube!! He was paralyzed for a while and only moved very little... He dropped on the floor when I thought I could "dump" him back into the tank so I had to use my hand to grab him off the floor.
He definitely isn't moving as much but he is getting better I think... Whew stressful
Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery

It's almost 1pm and I haven't eaten one thing and only had a few sips of water... Yup I feel fine 🤣

It's almost 1pm and I haven't eaten one thing and only had a few sips of water... Yup I feel fine 🤣
Omg you’ve done a me today! If I’m out working I don’t usually eat til 2:30 ish
This morning I had my lunch for breakfast on the way to my first property shoot :) we swapped 🙌

I did a partial water change yesterday but it really didn’t do much for my nitrates.. so today I went and bought some highland spring water, (next time I’ll look in Aldi I’m sure it’ll be cheaper) I’m thinking I should just put a bottle 1.5 ltr in every two days for a week seeing as the waters high with NO3.. firstly I don’t want to upset the shrimp (Batman and Robin) and secondly not upset my BB? If that’s such a thing??
Btw I looked up Malvern water (local free spring) and it is devoid of all minerals.. something about the dolomite rock?

Last edited:
Omg you’ve done a me today! If I’m out working I don’t usually eat til 2:30 ish
This morning I had my lunch for breakfast on the way to my first property shoot :) we swapped 🙌
I usually don't even eat breakfast and I know it's important lol
I don't normally eat until 11:30am-2pm... Unless I actually wake up l early then it's like 10am or something... But that's rare. Unless I'm having some miracle happening in my brain where I have the energy to do that

I usually don't even eat breakfast and I know it's important lol
I don't normally eat until 11:30am-2pm... Unless I actually wake up l early then it's like 10am or something... But that's rare. Unless I'm having some miracle happening in my brain where I have the energy to do that
I’m up at 6:30 most days :( the joys of living with a mini man 👨 I need to eat more, I’m far too skinny.. 8am is too early for breakfast so I skip it and then forget to eat :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back