What are you doing today?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It's "destructo-day" version one - time to pull out my tomato plants and put them in the compost, and generally begin to put the gardens to bed for the coming winter.
Then I have to move some fry into larger growout tanks, and move some things around, to get the fishroom set for the cold.

I put out feelers locally to see how many people would like to start a physically meeting fishclub, through the regional Facebook virtual group. The response was excellent and I plan to call a meeting for the first week of November, here. So I have to make everything pretty. It's been a room that doesn't get visitors, but I can expect at least a dozen people to show up.

You guys are great, but there's no substitute for a meeting with expertise based presentations, auctions with real fish in them and discussions with human beings, not via typing.

That's pretty crazy... Are you able to mix another water source with it?
Can I do that? :) I live very close to the the Malvern Hills in England very pure water source that flows out of a tap on the roadside .
Btw! I feel like such a Newb!!
Robin (the Amano) is alive!!!! She/ he shed and was just casually hanging upside down, I just built up the courage to take him/her out and suddenly there were two and a shell 😂 what a Wally!! Checked the snail again, he doesn’t whiff either so still not sure 🤔

Can I do that? :) I live very close to the the Malvern Hills in England very pure water source that flows out of a tap on the roadside .
Btw! I feel like such a Newb!!
Robin (the Amano) is alive!!!! She/ he shed and was just casually hanging upside down, I just built up the courage to take him/her out and suddenly there were two and a shell 😂 what a Wally!! Checked the snail again, he doesn’t whiff either so still not sure 🤔
Absolutely! It can become a but expensive depending one what source of water you use. If it's rain water then it's practically free.
But always change the water conditions over a period of time. Otherwise they may go into a shock.

Also for the snail, just take it out and give him a gentle poke on his foot. If he goes deeper into the shell he is alive.

Absolutely! It can become a but expensive depending one what source of water you use. If it's rain water then it's practically free.
But always change the water conditions over a period of time. Otherwise they may go into a shock.

Also for the snail, just take it out and give him a gentle poke on his foot. If he goes deeper into the shell he is alive.
I had no idea I could poke the little thing 😆 next time I dive in I’ll check, don’t want to upset the shrimp too much. Malvern water is free :) I’ll have to get some advice on the perfect balance.. I did wonder that when my tank is perfect.. weather to buy 6 baby yo-yo loaches to eat the snails and then sell them on I heard 6 is the recommended number but it would be just them and the shrimp with the assasin. Only a 58 litre tank.

I had no idea I could poke the little thing 😆 next time I dive in I’ll check, don’t want to upset the shrimp too much. Malvern water is free :) I’ll have to get some advice on the perfect balance.. I did wonder that when my tank is perfect.. weather to buy 6 baby yo-yo loaches to eat the snails and then sell them on I heard 6 is the recommended number but it would be just them and the shrimp with the assasin. Only a 58 litre tank.
Yah you can poke him VERY CAREFULLY. Don't shove your finger in his shell 🤣

Honestly just let the snails be... I don't do anything to mine. Don't over feed the tank and the population will stay low.
Snails are VERY beneficial for your ecosystem.

Yah you can poke him VERY CAREFULLY. Don't shove your finger in his shell 🤣

Honestly just let the snails be... I don't do anything to mine. Don't over feed the tank and the population will stay low.
Snails are VERY beneficial for your ecosystem.
There are sooo many 😂 I won’t poke him hard..

Yah I agree. I need to exercise more. But usually I don't get chest pains. I had two large pieces of pizza for lunch with some tums (cause I didn't want to die of stomach pains). Then later I got lightheaded/dizzy with a headache so I chugged down a lot of water... Too much. Which probably mixed in with acids and pizza in my stomach causing me to have acid reflexes. Then later when I decided to jog in place I had chest pains... I think that just reflected my decisions for yesterday. I've been told that some teens get chest pains normally and it's fine so it's not TOO worrying but I do get concerned at times.
Defying sounds like reflux then like (Gary? Don’t remember) suggested

Defying sounds like reflux then like (Gary? Don’t remember) suggested
Oh... Never heard of it.
If Gary mentioned it I must have missed it...
That does sound similar to my situation but while I get stomach pains and nausea a lot. Heart burn/pains aren't as common.

I had a wonderful morning, just had people over. Sunny, blue sky and the birds singing. I raked a big leaf pile with the help of a toddler girl, we had a great time. I think she actually enjoyed the raking more than jumping in the pile :)
Ahh... That's always fun.

My brother once jumped into a pile of leaves and disappeared... 🤣

My little boy loves autumn 🍂 not so much the raking but definitely jumping on the pile at the end :)
Autumn is also my favorite season but it is sort of boring here in Wyoming. I miss the tree colors from when I lived in Ohio. The maple stands there are so colorful! The trees in Wyoming just get yellow or brown.

I also miss fireflies!

Autumn is the best time of year. Not hot and nice and cold out. Don't forget to grab some dead leaves to throw in your fish tanks. Super beneficial and they look nice too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back