What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah 40 minutes isn’t huge for us, it’s 25 just to get into town for groceries
We have a nice size grocery store about 5 minutes away (give or take a few minutes, but it's literally just a few minutes away less than 10)
Then our town is 10-15 minutes away and the neighboring town is 25-30 minutes away.

We have a nice size grocery store about 5 minutes away (give or take a few minutes, but it's literally just a few minutes away less than 10)
Then our town is 10-15 minutes away and the neighboring town is 25-30 minutes away.
Sigh, I miss Kroger grocery store from when I lived in Ohio and Texas! The one in Texas was a 'mega store' and had a BIG soup and salad bar. Best thing was that they cut their meat daily. At midnight (24 hour store) all the meat would drop by 50% as to cost. I worked 2nd shift, 3:00PM to 11:00PM. I would get off work, hit a local bar for a couple of beers, then hit Kroger each week.

Current, for groceries, I have Albertson's and Walmart within 2-3 minutes, and Ridley's less than 10 minutes. Even though Walmart is normally cheaper that Albertson's I still use Albertson's for a few reasons.
1) I go to Walmart as little as possible as I don't like what they have done to out economy.

2) On Thursdays Albertson's has a 'senior day' with a discount if you are 55 or older. End result is that I pay around the same as I would at Walmart.

3) Walmart's produce sucks and I don't trust Walmart as to meat. As to the produce I'm a bell pepper freak. I get a bell pepper from Walmart and two days later it is starting to wrinkle. I get one from Albertson's and it is still fine a week later.

Bottom line is that I just don't like Walmart but, at times, have to use as in my town there isn't a lot of options other than on-line.

You know, after tornadoes existing only in the Wizard of Oz where I used to live, they've been hitting regularly in the summers for a few years now. Hurricanes used to make landfall here maybe once every 20 years, and this is two biggies in 5 years. The wrong things are changing around here.
The same things are happening all around the world, including here in Australia. Last year we had a cyclone (same as a hurricane just different name) and it came right down the coast and crossed onto the land a few hundred kms above Perth. That is unheard of in our history. There has been massive flooding over east and that is pretty much unheard of in some parts, or at least a one in a hundred year event, but it's happened multiple times in the last few years.

Climate change, this is going to become the new normal, and it will get worse.

I wish I was further away from civilization. I have multiple grocery stores within 10 minutes of me.
Shop rite- 5 minutes
Trader Joes - 3 minutes
Whole foods - 8 minutes

The same things are happening all around the world, including here in Australia. Last year we had a cyclone (same as a hurricane just different name) and it came right down the coast and crossed onto the land a few hundred kms above Perth. That is unheard of in our history. There has been massive flooding over east and that is pretty much unheard of in some parts, or at least a one in a hundred year event, but it's happened multiple times in the last few years.

Climate change, this is going to become the new normal, and it will get worse.
And from my studies these things can become VERY dramatic. I LOVE science and have done pretty strong research as to such things as global warming. It is projected that, if the global average temperature raises another few degrees, we could experience hurricanes that are termed as mega storms. Such a storm could potentially be large enough to cover the entire United States.

I wish I was further away from civilization. I have multiple grocery stores within 10 minutes of me.
Shop rite- 5 minutes
Trader Joes - 3 minutes
Whole foods - 8 minutes
My mom misses having whole foods and trader Joe's near us. When we were in Kentucky we had those close.
Really good stores. You're lucky!

And from my studies these things can become VERY dramatic. I LOVE science and have done pretty strong research as to such things as global warming. It is projected that, if the global average temperature raises another few degrees, we could experience hurricanes that are termed as mega storms. Such a storm could potentially be large enough to cover the entire United States.
If the temperature goes up a couple more degrees Celsius, we are all dead.

You know... Some people have predicted that the ocean currents MAY reverse. And I think the currents have even slowed down a bit.
They made a movie a while back based on what would happen if the currents did reverse called "The day after tomorrow". I really loved that movie.

You know... Some people have predicted that the ocean currents MAY reverse. And I think the currents have even slowed down a bit.
They made a movie a while back based on what would happen if the currents did reverse called "The day after tomorrow". I really loved that movie.
When the polar ice caps melt, it will stop certain ocean currents and that will cause all sorts of problems. Instead of having warm water flowing around the globe and keeping certain countries warm, the water won't circulate as much and places will get hotter or colder than they currently are. Throw in warmer weather, fewer trees to shade us, more giant bush fires (wild fires), less rain in some areas and massive floods in others, and it isn't going to end well for anything on this planet. :(

From Thursday morning until late this evening when I got home, I saw four humans. And one of those was my hunting partner. It was very, very nice. :)

Tonight’s sky from my home
20A54229-1FE3-4F07-AC4C-F57BB0566217.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back