What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have to be up 2 hours before I can leave the house unless I will be right back because just running to the store. No goats. Chickens, dogs, fish. The bees mostly take care of themselves

Sitting at home with the flue lol, but not lol at the same time if you know what I mean...
Oh man I'm so sorry bettas...
I probably gave you a headache in the other thread 😬😕
Stay hydrated and get some rest... Praying you get better soon!

Oh man I'm so sorry bettas...
I probably gave you a headache in the other thread 😬😕
Stay hydrated and get some rest... Praying you get better soon!
Thanks, friend! Nope, you're okay.😅 Feeling better than yesterday, well excluding the fact I almost passed out after a bath, and have a small cough! 😏😳 I've actually eaten today. Drank a few bottles of flavored smart water, had a sandwich, some spaghetti, and yogurt. Yesterday was bad. Felt like someone was running a fork down my throat, bad body aches, and headache. About barfed. All I ate was yogurt and a third bottle of water.

The little brother brought the lovely dear home from some dude at our ATV training. He only got a slightly soar throat for a day and a lingering cough... Go figure lol.

Thanks, friend! Nope, you're okay.😅 Feeling better than yesterday, well excluding the fact I almost passed out after a bath, and have a small cough! 😏😳 I've actually eaten today. Drank a few bottles of flavored smart water, had a sandwich, some spaghetti, and yogurt. Yesterday was bad. Felt like someone was running a fork down my throat, bad body aches, and headache. About barfed. All I ate was yogurt and a third bottle of water.

The little brother brought the lovely dear home from some dude at our ATV training. He only got a slightly soar throat for a day and a lingering cough... Go figure lol.
That's good that you are at least feeling a bit better than before... Just to make sure, when you say: "Almost passed out" do you mean like you almost fainted or did you mean that as in you were very tired?

That is some meal you had there... Never though spaghetti, sandwhich, and yogurt would all be together 😂

I hate those types of coughs where it just feels soooo painful. I used to get yearly coughs two times. One before-during winter and one before I during spring. Luckily I've outgrown them but I used to go into huge coughing fits that hurt a ton. So I drank delsym bottles (joking I only took the required amounts of course 😅. Plus, that stuff is disgusting.)

Try popsicles. Cools the throat. Or maybe hot tea. It warms it and sometimes there are teas made for sore throats and coughing. That worked for me a lot :)

Its always the siblings... 😉

I can remember very clearly the run up to Katrina in 2005

Although based in the UK, part of what I did on our cruising forum was closely monitor any tropical storms and hurricanes since they usually affect cruises and ports of call.

To this day I have no idea why but days before Katrina landed in NOLA I thought she would be way more vicious than the early reports were suggesting. I sat watching her satellite images as she barrelled across the Gulf of Mexico

At the time I had members at sea and others making their way to NOLA to board. They were asking me what to do and how bad it was going to be cos they couldn't get decent information from their local or national TV/radio stations...the stations were contradicting themselves over Katrina

A surprising number of people do not fly to their departure port, many drive there from quite some way away. One family was meeting up in NOLA from New Jersey, Florida and California for a big anniversary party type get together on a cruise from NOLA and they were all driving there. They were online and checking into the forum for updates every hour or so.

I had three computers running (due to the number of forums, one was not enough to watch over all of them). When Katrina was on the way, I had the cruise forum open on one, Carnival Cruise Line open on another and NOAA on the other.

It was blatently obvious that Katrina would be causing massive damage long before she hit NOLA so I think it was the early hours of the morning here in the UK when I told the family to turn round and go home cos a direct hit from Katrina on NOLA was inevitable and having tourists in the city on top of the residents was suicide.

I have tracked many many hurricanes and tropical storms but Katrina will always stand out as unbelievably vicious.

The forum was very multinational and I had members from all over the world asking me what can be done to help NOLA and the other areas that were so badly damaged. It was a case of getting the forum owner in Texas, a moderator in Rhode Island and myself to contact local rescue and charity organisations and co-ordinate assistance and financial aid. We worked with Carnival Cruise Line, local fire and rescue, animal rescue, Red Cross, Salvation Army to get as much as we could to those who needed it.

Never in 15 years of running forums did I ever see anything like Katrina....or have so many people, who were total strangers on a forum, get together and do whatever they could to help those who had lost everything in NOLA and help those who were helping residents in and around NOLA.

We were just one pretty much anonymous discussion forum like this one and many others who tried to help people out as best we could.

I never want to see another Katrina scale hurricane hit anywhere ever again. I know in the last week or so Puerto Rico has been wiped out by Fiona, hopefully lessons had been learnt after Katrina and supplies and help have been reaching them quicker and "on the ground" help better organised than with NOLA in 2005.

This evening I hid outside of my boyfriends house in the dark, waited for him to come outside to check the mail (my fertilizer for my tank at his place arrived today) and jumped him from behind and scared him :rofl: was perfect. I never get to scare him

This evening I hid outside of my boyfriends house in the dark, waited for him to come outside to check the mail (my fertilizer for my tank at his place arrived today) and jumped him from behind and scared him :rofl: was perfect. I never get to scare him
That's just evil JuiceBox52 :devil:
are you preparing for Halloween?

remind me to never upset our little JuiceBox :)

That's just evil JuiceBox52 :devil:
are you preparing for Halloween?

remind me to never upset our little JuiceBox :)
Besides, I needed him to sweep my car for trackers. Creepy people make me paranoid. Being followed and harassed verbally doesn’t help

304810913_5473455439416077_2940257844341230121_n.png

I'm sitting drinking good coffee while the world roars outside. We're getting hit with a bad windstorm and rain, but the full hurricane hit north of us. I'm worried about my daughters, who are close to the worst parts of it.

The windows are rattling, and things are flying around. It's still too dark to see the state of the ocean - I expect I'll be seeing some serious waves soon, as the sun comes up. I'm on high ground, but the storm surge is expected to be very powerful. Any sound from the surf is mixed with the howling winds.

When these things arrive, all of us self-important humans are ants in a rainstorm.

The garage hasn't sailed off into the sea, so I'll have to methodically check tanks for eggs. I fed the killies extremely well for the past week, knowing that massive changes in air pressure and storms trigger egg laying in many fish. Flooding offers new feeding opportunities for fry, and fish from wet and dry season habitats usually pick up the signs and go for it. The low pressure right now is going to make migraine sufferers miserable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back