What are you doing today?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

This evening I hid outside of my boyfriends house in the dark, waited for him to come outside to check the mail (my fertilizer for my tank at his place arrived today) and jumped him from behind and scared him :rofl: was perfect. I never get to scare him
LOL
How did he handle it?
I love doing little pranks and scares at times. I don't do them a lot though... Especially with my mom. I'm afraid she may have a heart attack (not saying that as a joke or exaggeration). Then my little brother cant take a joke too well even though he does them on me... So I try to get him every now and then but I make sure its nothing too bad.
My dad I'm always trying to get. I mostly stick to pranks cause trying to scare him is really hard lol.
He startles me a lot though cause he know I scare fairly easy. Especially when I have my ear buds on 😅.

Besides, I needed him to sweep my car for trackers. Creepy people make me paranoid. Being followed and harassed verbally doesn’t help
Is your area REALLY that bad in WA where you have to check? Or is it just a fear you have?
That is a reasonable fear to have in these days. Especially being a young female. People are insane...

LOL
How did he handle it?
I love doing little pranks and scares at times. I don't do them a lot though... Especially with my mom. I'm afraid she may have a heart attack (not saying that as a joke or exaggeration). Then my little brother cant take a joke too well even though he does them on me... So I try to get him every now and then but I make sure its nothing too bad.
My dad I'm always trying to get. I mostly stick to pranks cause trying to scare him is really hard lol.
He startles me a lot though cause he know I scare fairly easy. Especially when I have my ear buds on 😅.

Is your area REALLY that bad in WA where you have to check? Or is it just a fear you have?
That is a reasonable fear to have in these days. Especially being a young female. People are insane...
My sis scared my Grandma once. That wasn't so good. But, Grandma is still alive and well today. 😆

I also hid behind the fridge as my brother was coming down the hall. I tried to scare him but it was my dad who came around the corner. I finally scared my dad!!!!! :jumprope:

I spent the morning wrestling with the kitchen door. Notice that I said I'd been wrestling with it not my husband :rolleyes:
The moulded bottom panel of the PVC door has been sitting in the back of the wardrobe for a couple of years, and had been replaced by a flat panel with a cat flap in it. We no longer need a cat flap and it let a draught in, so now that winter is approaching we decided to put the original panel back. Getting the replacement panel out wasn't too bad, but it took me ages to get the last strip of beading to go in. And I've got bruises to show for it.

I'm sitting drinking good coffee while the world roars outside. We're getting hit with a bad windstorm and rain, but the full hurricane hit north of us. I'm worried about my daughters, who are close to the worst parts of it.

The windows are rattling, and things are flying around. It's still too dark to see the state of the ocean - I expect I'll be seeing some serious waves soon, as the sun comes up. I'm on high ground, but the storm surge is expected to be very powerful. Any sound from the surf is mixed with the howling winds.

When these things arrive, all of us self-important humans are ants in a rainstorm.

The garage hasn't sailed off into the sea, so I'll have to methodically check tanks for eggs. I fed the killies extremely well for the past week, knowing that massive changes in air pressure and storms trigger egg laying in many fish. Flooding offers new feeding opportunities for fry, and fish from wet and dry season habitats usually pick up the signs and go for it. The low pressure right now is going to make migraine sufferers miserable.
Any update Gary?
How are your daughters?
Best wishes :huddle:

My daughters have no power, but are safe. Their house was grazed by a tree but the damage is minor. I think I'll be heading up with my ladder and some tools later in the week. Their neighbourhood is littered with very old maples down, so the chainsaw guys'll need some time before the likes of me show up.

We lost parts of a couple of trees away from the house. The winds are bracing but only occasionally gusting now.

I have a neighbour who is not the brightest cardinal in the shoal. and he did no prep. Predictably, his whole yard was full of flying stuff - toys, a trampoline, garbage cans. He decided to park his car to block it all from leaving the property, so everything is whacking into his car now. One hour of work... I bet he believes in no water change tanks. My other neighbour is a tool guy and he's out there with his chainsaw. He's been hoping for a chance to use it.

You know, after tornadoes existing only in the Wizard of Oz where I used to live, they've been hitting regularly in the summers for a few years now. Hurricanes used to make landfall here maybe once every 20 years, and this is two biggies in 5 years. The wrong things are changing around here.

That sounds like a close scrape. I hope the power is returned and roads are cleared quickly.

I bet your neighbour is on the phone to the car insurance company now :dunno:

LOL
How did he handle it?

He was so surprised he just was like what the heck why are you here
My area no, the area we were shopping in sometimes, but as I was being verbally harassed and followed around the store I had him check. The guy following me parked right next to the driver side of my car after seeing me get out, classic reason to worry.

He was so surprised he just was like what the heck why are you here
LOL 🤣
"Why are you here?"

"Uhhmmm, I'm your girlfriend that's why" 🤣
My area no, the area we were shopping in sometimes, but as I was being verbally harassed and followed around the store I had him check. The guy following me parked right next to the driver side of my car after seeing me get out, classic reason to worry.
That is insane... Nobody should do that at all. So sorry that happened Juice.

One time I was followed by a white car while on my bike. They shouted at me while calling me different things I wish not to repeat. They tried to cut me off and then cut me off again but I made it look like I went one direction and once they were out of sight I turned around and went home. Pretty crazy.

Today we went to a local festival... Anxiety kicked in a bit. I was looking everywhere making sure it was safe. I kept my brother close and tried not to let him out of sight.
There was this kid, he had to be around 8?... Well he had a fake automatic rifle that made a bit of noise and looked like it had moving parts... He was pointing it at people and firing which hyped my nerves even more... It was fake and I understand that he was just a kid but still... It made me more aware.

This disease is so frustrating and affects so many different systems of your body. I’m about to take my mom to the ER now. Not me this time…. Wish it was
Oh man... My prayers are with your family and especially your mom at this time.
So sorry that is happening

LOL 🤣
"Why are you here?"

"Uhhmmm, I'm your girlfriend that's why" 🤣
Pretty much 😂 it just surprised him cause he lives 40 minutes away. And because I jumped him from behind in the dark screaming lol
That is insane... Nobody should do that at all. So sorry that happened Juice.

One time I was followed by a white car while on my bike. They shouted at me while calling me different things I wish not to repeat. They tried to cut me off and then cut me off again but I made it look like I went one direction and once they were out of sight I turned around and went home. Pretty crazy.

Definitely not the first time. As a woman you learn from a very very young age all the signs and things to watch for. The fact he parked next to my car after seeing me get out in an otherwise empty parking lot. I’ve been followed many times. I never go anywhere alone. My town is actually a hub for trafficking kidnapping because there’s three highways out of town. Lots of people in certain stores being followed and attempted kidnappings. Usually a single woman or a mom with young kids. Followed around the store, cornered etc but one or more men.

Sorry to hear that rocky, it’s never any fun.
Today we went to a local festival... Anxiety kicked in a bit. I was looking everywhere making sure it was safe. I kept my brother close and tried not to let him out of sight.
There was this kid, he had to be around 8?... Well he had a fake automatic rifle that made a bit of noise and looked like it had moving parts... He was pointing it at people and firing which hyped my nerves even more... It was fake and I understand that he was just a kid but still... It made me more aware.

Oh man... My prayers are with your family and especially your mom at this time.
So sorry that is happening
Thanks. We’ll see how it goes.

Pretty much 😂 it just surprised him cause he lives 40 minutes away. And because I jumped him from behind in the dark screaming lol
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wow 40 minutes away?
If you mind me asking (you don't have to answer this if you don't want to) How did you two meet being that far away?
Definitely not the first time. As a woman you learn from a very very young age all the signs and things to watch for. The fact he parked next to my car after seeing me get out in an otherwise empty parking lot. I’ve been followed many times. I never go anywhere alone. My town is actually a hub for trafficking kidnapping because there’s three highways out of town. Lots of people in certain stores being followed and attempted kidnappings. Usually a single woman or a mom with young kids. Followed around the store, cornered etc but one or more men.
Oh my lord... That's disgusting, disgraceful, and just evil behavior.
I really don't understand why people have to do these things. I mean... I know the  reason why they do it but I don't understand if that makes sense.
And it's sad the majority is women being preyed upon like that. I mean you all have to just be that much more careful.
There are some wicked wicked people out there, and while some change others literally have no hope.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wow 40 minutes away?
If you mind me asking (you don't have to answer this if you don't want to) How did you two meet being that far away?

Oh my lord... That's disgusting, disgraceful, and just evil behavior.
I really don't understand why people have to do these things. I mean... I know the  reason why they do it but I don't understand if that makes sense.
And it's sad the majority is women being preyed upon like that. I mean you all have to just be that much more careful.
There are some wicked wicked people out there, and while some change others literally have no hope.
We went to elementary-middle school together, shared a couple science classes together. After I discontinued classes I still went to the dances and events through high school, we had mutual friends but didn’t talk much. Reconnected after high school over social media, hung out and started dating. We see each other about 4x a week. It’s not too far of a drive, I drive farther a couple times a week for doctor appointments so 🤷‍♀️

We went to elementary-middle school together, shared a couple science classes together. After I discontinued classes I still went to the dances and events through high school, we had mutual friends but didn’t talk much. Reconnected after high school over social media, hung out and started dating. We see each other about 4x a week. It’s not too far of a drive, I drive farther a couple times a week for doctor appointments so 🤷‍♀️
Oh nice! Thats great you two were able to reconnect like that!
I see 40mins as a semi long drive. (We don't drive out far normally).
Everything we usually go to is 30 mins or less of a drive.

Oh nice! Thats great you two were able to reconnect like that!
I see 40mins as a semi long drive. (We don't drive out far normally).
Everything we usually go to is 30 mins or less of a drive.
Yeah 40 minutes isn’t huge for us, it’s 25 just to get into town for groceries

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back