What are you doing today?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

306448868_3257802114533824_6432426145935270898_n.jpg

I can’t sleep. I finally fell asleep at 2:30, It’s now 4:30 am. The livestock guardian dogs and my dog won’t stop barking. I went out an hour ago to check on the goats, all was good but they were sneezing which means they sense danger. There is something rustling around in the shed on the border of my property. It sounds large
and could be a Yogi and Boo Boo trying to break into the car. They really are bad bears and Ranger Smith should tell them to stay in Jellystone Park.

Meanwhile back at the ranch,

is that your dog?
Nope...I am not allowed a dog where I live

The dog next door is there cos it was already with an owner but once the dog goes she cannot replace it

My friend in the US sends me meme's to cheer me up....she used to be one of my forum mods years ago and we have remained close friends ever since

I absolutely hate waiting for deliveries.

I have alot of patience with most things....but not when it comes to waiting for deliveries to arrive.

New microwave, air fryer, blender and toaster coming today (old microwave being collected at the same time for recycling)

"Should" be here by 1645.....in theory. I am watching and F5-ing the tracking page every few minutes.....9 deliveries to make before mine.....

Time always flies when not waiting for a delivery.....but creeps along at snail pace when a delivery is due.....

I absolutely hate waiting for deliveries.

I have alot of patience with most things....but not when it comes to waiting for deliveries to arrive.

New microwave, air fryer, blender and toaster coming today (old microwave being collected at the same time for recycling)

"Should" be here by 1645.....in theory. I am watching and F5-ing the tracking page every few minutes.....9 deliveries to make before mine.....

Time always flies when not waiting for a delivery.....but creeps along at snail pace when a delivery is due.....
Welcome to 2022. Hope your packages don’t get stolen by the postal carriers.

Welcome to 2022. Hope your packages don’t get stolen by the postal carriers.
Thankfully I don't have that problem...least not yet.

One parcel is a bit overdue but that is down to Royal Mail being on strike last week and a backlog. That is due to be delivered tomorrow

Today's delivery is being done by the electical company that I bought the items from, so they take a little longer cos some deliveries need installations etc too....mine is just a drop off and collection, so much quicker.

We had a parcel go missing a few years ago. My husband had bought something and I waited in for delivery. This was before you could track the delivery van so it was just wait. But their website did say when the item had been delivered and I checked and it said it had been delivered. So I phoned the sender, they contacted the courier who said they'd chase it up. Around 7 pm, a disgruntled van driver delivered the package and muttered about it being delivered to the same house number in the next street. Oh yes......

We had a parcel go missing a few years ago. My husband had bought something and I waited in for delivery. This was before you could track the delivery van so it was just wait. But their website did say when the item had been delivered and I checked and it said it had been delivered. So I phoned the sender, they contacted the courier who said they'd chase it up. Around 7 pm, a disgruntled van driver delivered the package and muttered about it being delivered to the same house number in the next street. Oh yes......
Likely story....

Bit like a parcel that was delivered to me last year by DPD

Waited and waited. Delivery time window came and went.

Got a text message from DPD to the effect of "sorry you were out, your parcel will be delivered tomorrow"

Lovely picture of a house on the message

Not a clue where the house was but certainly wasn't mine

Chewed the driver off the next day for telling porkies since I am always at home.

New driver, he got lost apparently.

My neighbour was in all day and the tracked, signed for parcel had not arrived so at 5:30 they went online to see where it was, in the process entering their 'name' on the system. A few minutes later an update from the DPD driver said (falsely) that the parcel had been delivered at 3:09 and received by the same 'name' they had just inputted. The item was an eternity ring. I'm guessing it won't be found.

<silent scream loaded with expletives of the very unladylike kind>

Three items delivered....air fryer not on the van

On hold to the firm for over 45 minutes

"Oh...I am so sorry....the agent who amended the order yesterday made a mistake. The fryer was not added to the order til after the cut off time of 2pm so it was not added to the amended order"

<insert silent screams here>

"OK...let me sort this out for you....I have put it onto the loading for Sunday and upgraded the model for you too and will refund £32 off the total order as a gesture of goodwill"

10% refund off the entire order and a model upgrade....better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :)

Most reactions

Back