What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not all dads can be rugged like Bear Grills, my hubby hates camping! He likes comfort and cleanliness (which I appreciate in a man!) But what he lacks in fishing skills he makes up for in his wonderful creativity. He loves to design, make and do and teaches it to kids in school. He's also a huge lover of music, he plays guitar and sings and had his own band back in the day. And he's a wonderful father, through and through ❤
See that's cool! If you don't have fishing in a dad have things like that! 😅

My Dad didnt like fishing but my Grandfather did. We went fishing often.

302817216_5466619400099681_8932246204758588063_n.png

Lucky! Next week all my male relatives get to go camping. I have never been camping before. My dad says we live on a campground. :rolleyes: 🥴
Nothing exciting about camping. Sleep on the ground, which is lumpy and uncomfortable. Wake up during the night because of insects trying to bite you, or ants crawling over you. Maybe even wake up in the morning with a snake curled up next to your face. That ain't fun.

Dig a hole in the bush to use as a toilet and flies hang around it because someone didn't put a layer of sand in it after they went number 2. Squatting in the bush and hoping nobody stumbles by while your busy.

Having your tent blown around by the wind or rain washing through or under the tent because the weather decided to change.

I've done the above and I lived in a car, and the car was more comfortable even though I couldn't straighten my legs out due to the car being tiny. It was also more comfortable in winter when there was gale forced wind rocking the car about and making me sea sick in the carpark.

During the day you can go fishing or walk around the bush sightseeing or taking pictures. But you can go out for a day trip and do that, then return home to a nice comfortable secure house.

Camping, not for me. Others maybe, but not for me. I have enough insects and unwanted furries in this place as it is. I don't need drop bears, killer kangaroos or humans disturbing me when I try to sleep on the ground.

I am too tall to go camping.

The ground is too far down to get back up from.....and there is absolutely no ladylike way to get off the floor, so I tend to avoid that at all costs.

Tried a hammock once.

It tried to strangle me initially then it dumped me on the floor. I don't, therefore, like hammocks either cos they are untrainable, bad tempered and positively evil.

:grr:

Today is a busy morning and quieter afternoon sort of a day...a bit like yesterday - bins out, shopping delivered and water changes done all before 0800.

This morning is bins back into their shelter, filters to be serviced and a bottled water delivery all before 0900.

I have been watching some of the coverage from London...not live, but recorded via the various media channels. It has got me thinking.

I don't know why exactly but I keep thinking that history is going to repeat itself

Last night King Charles III went home alone after leaving Camilla at her own home. It will be the first time he has had to himself and his own thoughts since losing his mother.

I just have a feeling that Charles will choose to abdicate early and allow William to step up and be King instead.
Charles is 73 years old, the last week has hit him harder than he shows and he also knows what is ahead of him. It would be human for him to be asking himself if he is actually capable of ruling as King at his age...and he does show signs of poor health too, the flushed skin, the swollen hands and fingers.

As much as I am sure he wants to follow his mother's footsteps, I am not convinced that he actually physically can.

Not only that, he is of an age that is not as relatable to people as William is....and William is extremely popular compared to Charles, who many still feel is responsible for Diana's demise and his affair with Camilla...especially coming a matter of days since the 25th anniversary of Diana's death, his mother dies and he is made King.

Added to the stress will be the ongoing issues with Harry & Meghan who are both absolutely despised by a significant percentage of people worldwide....and their continued accusatory digs and smears, books and articles that continually make life harder for the Royal family over the last year or 3.

At 73 years old Charles should be slowing down in life and he knows that, the events following the death of his mother, have given him a glimpse of what his life will be like and I am not entirely sure he can do it....yes he wants to be King, but I am not 100% sure that he is able to be King.

I can see him abdicating within 5 years if not sooner.

Today is a busy morning and quieter afternoon sort of a day...a bit like yesterday - bins out, shopping delivered and water changes done all before 0800.

This morning is bins back into their shelter, filters to be serviced and a bottled water delivery all before 0900.

I have been watching some of the coverage from London...not live, but recorded via the various media channels. It has got me thinking.

I don't know why exactly but I keep thinking that history is going to repeat itself

Last night King Charles III went home alone after leaving Camilla at her own home. It will be the first time he has had to himself and his own thoughts since losing his mother.

I just have a feeling that Charles will choose to abdicate early and allow William to step up and be King instead.
Charles is 73 years old, the last week has hit him harder than he shows and he also knows what is ahead of him. It would be human for him to be asking himself if he is actually capable of ruling as King at his age...and he does show signs of poor health too, the flushed skin, the swollen hands and fingers.

As much as I am sure he wants to follow his mother's footsteps, I am not convinced that he actually physically can.

Not only that, he is of an age that is not as relatable to people as William is....and William is extremely popular compared to Charles, who many still feel is responsible for Diana's demise and his affair with Camilla...especially coming a matter of days since the 25th anniversary of Diana's death, his mother dies and he is made King.

Added to the stress will be the ongoing issues with Harry & Meghan who are both absolutely despised by a significant percentage of people worldwide....and their continued accusatory digs and smears, books and articles that continually make life harder for the Royal family over the last year or 3.

At 73 years old Charles should be slowing down in life and he knows that, the events following the death of his mother, have given him a glimpse of what his life will be like and I am not entirely sure he can do it....yes he wants to be King, but I am not 100% sure that he is able to be King.

I can see him abdicating within 5 years if not sooner.
Time will tell..............

I can’t sleep. I finally fell asleep at 2:30, It’s now 4:30 am. The livestock guardian dogs and my dog won’t stop barking. I went out an hour ago to check on the goats, all was good but they were sneezing which means they sense danger. There is something rustling around in the shed on the border of my property. It sounds large

I can’t sleep. I finally fell asleep at 2:30, It’s now 4:30 am. The livestock guardian dogs and my dog won’t stop barking. I went out an hour ago to check on the goats, all was good but they were sneezing which means they sense danger. There is something rustling around in the shed on the border of my property. It sounds large
Probably Yogi on the prowl....they seem to be getting into trouble as often as the Roo's lately ;)

Probably Yogi on the prowl....they seem to be getting into trouble as often as the Roo's lately ;)
Actually very certain it was a bear so you’re not wrong ;)

That sounds like a good story for the beginning of a horror screenplay/movie.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back