What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

For a very uncommon condition such as EDS, I find it interesting that 2 of our members have it. Maybe we have a few thousand active members. I would guess that 2 out of say 3000 or .07 % is probably much larger percentage than the percentage of the whole population that have EDS..
I really don't think its so uncommon. Multiple family members, married in family members, and friend show symptoms. (A few beeing really see through skin, stretchy skin, and loose joints (they can bend their fingers back un naturally etc.) I just don't think it's correctly diagnosed or acknowledged as an issue (They dont know they have it.)

So you have MCAS too?o_O

Really though, I think they are linked. I also think it's a lot more common they we think.

My parents are from two different parts of America, and their lineage is from two different countries, and they both have EDS.
Yep! And POTS, doctors actually call those three the EDS trifecta. I also have CRPS, esophageal dismotility, severe GERD, unknown cause of intermittent leg paralysis, suspected gastroparesis, possible CSF leak, and a host of other comorbitities

I really don't think its so uncommon. Multiple family members, married in family members, and friend show symptoms. I just don't think it's correctly diagnosed or acknowledged as an issue (They dont know they have it.)
It’s underdiagnosed. There’s different severities, so some people may not get the bad end of the syndrome. and even if some don’t have EDS, HSD is very under diagnosed in the population

I have GERD as well. Take two pills a day to help alleviate acid stomach.

I am now having a xylitol mint after eating, I'm hoping it will help. It is supposed to help heal your enamel. I wear a mouthguard at night as I grind my teeth due to my loose jaw from EDS. I also can wear high heels because the joints that hold my ankles together are loose and I am more at risk for a sprain or twist. My grace has gotten better as I age lol, and I do wear shorter blocky heels once in a while. (Don't judge me, I can't resist! :p🤣)

I also have mast cell activation syndrome which causes the little mast cells to fire (for me in my stomach and my sinuses). It causes me to get severe sinus headaches and vomiting episodes. I normally just get the head stuff now but when I was younger I would have weekly episodes. I dry heaved so much I tore the valve in my stomach.

On top of all that I have Gastroparesis due to the mast cells firing in my stomach. 🙄 It caused my stomach not to work properly so the food will sometimes sit in my stomach for a day or two before I have a vomiting episode.🤢🥴 Whenever we got a stomach bug I got it worse.
Sounds like you are doing everything possible to help with your teeth.
Sorry about all the other symptoms that go with it.
Sounds like some excruciating pains you get.

(Ps: I don't know how I could judge someone over shoes they wear... lol.
Also I find it really amazing like @Fishmanic was saying that sense this is such a rare condition we have two members that have it!
And you are both female so I don't know if that plays a role or not. I wonder how many men get it compared to women.)

Sounds like you are doing everything possible to help with your teeth.
Sorry about all the other symptoms that go with it.
Sounds like some excruciating pains you get.

(Ps: I don't know how I could judge someone over shoes they wear... lol.
Also I find it really amazing like @Fishmanic was saying that sense this is such a rare condition we have two members that have it!
And you are both female so I don't know if that plays a role or not. I wonder how many men get it compared to women.)
It’s much more common in women than men, and the effects of it are also generally more severe in women

Oh... So my hypothesis was correct!
Although why does it have to be that the ones who get it the most, get it the worst...
Just the nature of the disease I guess, if you have the worse end of it it will cause more complications and then the complications will cause other complications

you can google it
ask google what percentage of population has EDS
"google is your friend"

Making another spoon :)
This is a mixing spoon for my mom.
View attachment 166655
Woodworking bros!!
BE0357DE-FB91-40AE-BD01-07A6E973516A.jpeg

I like the wood used!

That would mix bee syrup or scrape the honey out of the extractor or bucket. Very nice. On EDS, I take a lot of collagen. for knees, wrists, I used to describe my joints as being loose, my hips used to fall out of socket when I was 30. I built the muscles up to support my joints, it has helped greatly.
I don't think I have full blown EDS, nor do I know anyone with it, but I take a lot of collagen and have taken osteo biflex and stuff for about 20 years, since a knee dislocation. It would not surprise me if it is under diagnosed, and if there less severe cases it might explain the 20 brands of collagen on the shelf at Costco.
One thing is for sure, reading this symptom list I suddenly feel very healthy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back