went plant collecting...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love that you used the roots as outside the tank decor! Works perfectly, they're too cool looking to waste, but obviously can't go in a tank, so outside a tank decor is brilliant!

LJ is colouring up nicely, bold little fella!

Husband: "no more tanks!"

Me: "okay, then more totes"

20200821_183757.jpg

Husband won't notice the difference, right??

20200821_195304.jpg
20200821_195201.jpg

Its 50g capacity but I didn't fill it the entire way, just to give space to keep nosy cats out. So probably about 40 gallons full.

2 baby goldies and a young guppy call this home now lol

Husband gets home from work.

I ask him after about 30 min "Did you see Puff's new home?"

Him: "yeah...? You moved it around a bit yesterday right?"

Me: "yeah but I asked about his new home."

Him: "....?"

Hahaha I showed him and he shook his head

... and came home with a goldfish.

So it is illegal to release it after I caught it, so I ended up taking it home.

It is a wee little baby, they are invasive in our waterways, they breed as well here.

I've got him inside for now, to get him used to eating prepared foods, and under deworming treatment, then he will go outside in our small pond. We are looking to buy a house within this year, with having a pond planned, so he will have somewhere to go when he gets bigger (he is a comet)

I've named him Neowise, after the recent comet. Since he is a comet goldfish.

Photo of him in a cup during travel and acclimation
View attachment 111380View attachment 111381

His TEMPORARY homeView attachment 111382

Where I caught him
View attachment 111383

He is literally super tiny, like neon tetra tiny.

@Deanasue
Duckweed?
Yes, please.

@Deanasue
So I've upgraded to a 50 gallon, this will be the longterm home for the fancy goldies (2) and im thinking of putting my guppies in as well... since guppies can take the temperature range fancies can, and they can take a similar hardness range. I plan on increasing the GH slightly for them to reach about 180-200 GH range (my water is naturally 90-145GH but reads about 120 on my GH test)

I figured guppies would make nice dithers for the fancies as well. Fry can happily be snacks for the goldies too.

Thoughts?
I already have 1 male guppy in with them, but ive got 6 females in my 55 gallon who I may move in with them if this is a decent plan?

It’s not recommended. Not only do goldies like colder temps, but guppies will nip the tails of Goldies to shreds. Sorry. :(

It’s not recommended. Not only do goldies like colder temps, but guppies will nip the tails of Goldies to shreds. Sorry. :(
Alright, good to know! Thank you!

Temperature wise, Seriouslyfish lists guppies to take temps 17-28C (62-82F)

I was taught 72F to 78F but who knows. :dunno:
I thought so too, so was surprised to see the temp range. But many people keep guppies as pond fish too. So that would make sense.

But even non heated, my temperatures are toggling between 75-80F because of this stupid summer. On a normal non heatwave temperature without a heater, I normally sit at about 68-72F

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back