Freshwater hobbyist

Vladka

New Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Points
3
Location
Arizona
Hi all, I’m Vladka. I am in Arizona and I have two fish tanks currently, a 36 gallon heavily planted as well as an around 250 gallon also planted community tank that we built in into our wall! I have been fish camping since IHi all, I am in Arizona and I have two fish tanks currently, a 36 gallon heavily planted as well as a around 250 gallon also planted community tank that we built in into our wall! I have been fish camping since I was around nine years old, when my brother gifted me two goldfish and a 2 1/2 gallon tank, I was too good at it and had to keep buying bigger tanks to accommodate their growth, until I eventually gave them to somebody with a pond. I have downsize my Fish Tanks as I am very busy, I own a Pet Grooming and boarding facility and I am pretty young to do so having opened the storefront it when I was 22 after working from home since I was around 16 or 18 years old.

I do plan to put a fish tank in the business as well in the wall so that the lobby and the cat room can enjoy the views, not sure what size to do, thinking about something like 125 gallons since that’s a popular size and I’ve never had one of those.

I I’m a big fan of the fishes, we have very hard water here so I mostly have fish that may do well in it, I wanted to make my big tank a salt water, but I just couldn’t find the motivation and when I thought about it I really just preferred the ease and the look of the freshwater, not to mention the price point.

In my 36 gallon bowfront I currently have cardinal tetras, Pearl gourami, serpae tetras, Corry Cats, Hillstream loaches, German Rams, Harlequin rasboras, and way too many plants.

In my 250 gallon, I have a black ghost knifefish named Danny Phantom (he is my prime and joy and currently 12” long), a Senegal bichir (might add another type of bichir), a big school of Roseline sharks/denision barbs, an albino pleco (who someone pawns off to me as a “bristlenose” but has grown to 6.5” so far and has 0 bristles…. Clown loaches, Bolivian rams, angelfish, Siamese Algae Eaters, and an opaline gourami who was too much of a bully for the 36 gallon.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3538.webp
    IMG_3538.webp
    220.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8574.webp
    IMG_8574.webp
    282.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8573.webp
    IMG_8573.webp
    199.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8820.webp
    IMG_8820.webp
    530.4 KB · Views: 87
Beautiful wall tank. Welcome to the forum.
 
Also a warm welcome from me... :hi:
I adore how your tanks are decorated. And a huge plus for your wall tank...👍
 
@Vladka
Great looking tanks and healthy fish.. Hope you enter our Tank of the month and fish of the month contests. You will see a banner at the top of the forum with a link to the entry threads when a contest .is accepting entries.
 
Last edited:
Welcome! Your wall tank makes me jealous. Always wanted one
 

Most reactions

Back
Top