Welcome To The Admin Team Aweis!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aweis.
I know it costs money to run such a big forum as this, but do hope we won't be overrun with ads as has happened with other forums taken over by keebali.

So the "enhancements" as you call them. Will that include pages decked out in adverts? Cuz I saw a few other sites taken over by Keebali... And I don't like whats happened to em. I really like this site the way it is. It is clean (absolute minimal ads) and very friendly.

-Tyler

a valid point, to be sure.
but is this really the thread for it?

this will be what tff will look like when the guy decides to sign in again

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/

O well, we can always go elsewhere for advice on fishkeeping :good:

$£$£$£$£$£ always wins in the end!!

Adblock Plus - anyone ever heard of it?

Not exactly to the point to be honest

what if you have guest browsing that perhaps do not have the knowlege of how to block ads and they are off put? losing members right there

also to the fact that a company is making money from free advice not exactly moral

Adblock Plus - anyone ever heard of it?

Not exactly to the point to be honest

what if you have guest browsing that perhaps do not have the knowlege of how to block ads and they are off put? losing members right there
Idk, to be honest, not forums caused me to get ABP. It was the annoying adds on youtube videos and other websites such as deviant art. The annoying part is that even my boss doesn't use ABP and then complains he clicks on adds by accident. o_O Or about youtube vids LOL.

I have been blocking ads and cookies for a long time now.

But I do not understand why anybody who uses facebook or any other "social media" type site which collects your personal info and uses it to line their pockets would object to this site becoming "commercial". What is the difference? In fact what is happening here is a lot more honest than what happens at the social sites. At least its clear what is going on, they want you to see the ads. On the social sites they track you they dissect you and then they use the info gleaned to make money from you and others.

My rule is simple, if you want me to +1 anything, then pay me for my endorsement.

I now regret having posted the above, I also will not be returning to this site again as the new management/ownership has a policy of censoring posts it does not like. They have removed a thread in its entirety in which I had made posts. I will never use nor support any site which censors its members for its own financial gain.

I dislike most social sites... that's why i never joined FB or Twitter or other stuff that requires me to put up all my info like where I live, what my phone number is and... about FB, here's what annoys me:
Some people use FB for only putting up a pic and watching people comment and give them likes. Then there's trolling, stupid statuses, people bawwing about other people's relationship statuses, etc.

Oh yeah, and then there's this spam in my e-mail that someone from my yahoo or msn has just joined fb and is inviting me to join. No freaking way.

I must be weird, I don't mind ads very much. It's the 'price' we pay to get things 'free', isn't it? Server and hosting have to paid for by someone, somewhere at sometime :dunno:

adblock does work. its not the ads which are the problem for a lot of people though is it.......

I dislike most social sites... that's why i never joined FB or Twitter or other stuff that requires me to put up all my info like where I live, what my phone number is and... about FB, here's what annoys me:
Some people use FB for only putting up a pic and watching people comment and give them likes. Then there's trolling, stupid statuses, people bawwing about other people's relationship statuses, etc.

Oh yeah, and then there's this spam in my e-mail that someone from my yahoo or msn has just joined fb and is inviting me to join. No freaking way.
And once again the complaining....

Actually this is pessimism. I have facebook and no one trolls my page, i dont post pics and wait for comments. Its a great way to keep in touch with family...

Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back