Betta Research Paper

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lecturers/ colleges have software that can scan papers/information on the internet and see if any of the phrases/paragraphs match the students work…your paper is now on the internet, possibly in more that one post…you could get a plagiarism “hit” from your own paper…
I’m homeschooled. 😐

I’m homeschooled.
But don't you have someone who grades your work? They are the ones who may run a scan on the internet to see if you copied a paper someone else wrote - and find your paper and assume you just copied it since PheonixKingZ isn't your real name on your school work.

But don't you have someone who grades your work? They are the ones who may run a scan on the internet to see if you copied a paper someone else wrote - and find your paper and assume you just copied it since PheonixKingZ isn't your real name on your school work.
So what do the Plagerism Police do? Tell the parents and the kids lose phone privileges?

At school, probably just make the student repeat the work, doing it all him/herself. At university level, send the student down so they never get their degree.

At school, probably just make the student repeat the work, doing it all him/herself. At university level, send the student down so they never get their degree.
Like everything else it all depends. At college the student would probably fail the class & that’d be it. You’re likely correct about lower grade levels.

If any of you guys have doubts that I actually wrote this, I’ll take a picture of the whole 9+ page document on my computer tomorrow.

In my mind writing in your own own words seems like less effort anyway....
90% of all that I wrote were my own words. I didn’t just copy and paste huge sections, and then give the site.

The assignment was to have at least 3 internet sites and 2 book sites. I was required to use them.

But don't you have someone who grades your work?
Yes, my mother does. I got an A for this assignment.

As a former high school teacher with a year teaching college, I am 100% confident the kid wrote the paper. It’s smooth & cohesIve, no unwieldy transitions. Besides, it’s obvious from his use of language on TFF, this is a sharp kid.

ummm..... I just made a bad joke on the basis that I happened to notice the current version of Word has a plagerism searcher button...

I don't think anyone is doubting you writing the paper. The comment about plagiarism was meant to be a light-hearted joke. Teachers can use computer programs to search the interweb for similarly worded articles/publications to see if a student just copied something someone else wrote. The joke being that if a teacher did now, it might return a result since you posted it here. In essence, it would be saying you plagiarized yourself. Obviously not something you'd run into since you're homeschooled.

Don't sweat it. And nice job on it!

I don't think anyone is doubting you writing the paper. The comment about plagiarism was meant to be a light-hearted joke. Teachers can use computer programs to search the interweb for similarly worded articles/publications to see if a student just copied something someone else wrote. The joke being that if a teacher did now, it might return a result since you posted it here. In essence, it would be saying you plagiarized yourself. Obviously not something you'd run into since you're homeschooled.

Don't sweat it. And nice job on it!
THAT makes sense, thank you. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back