The Rainbow Bridge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yogi.JPG

YOGI
The little kitten i found a while back that grew to be 2 with us until we moved and after a couple of months he started to escape and come back at night. A week before my birthday in february he came back. The next two days he moaned in pain and i would try to comfort him sleeping on the kitchen floor. Until he died the 2nd day in the afternoon.

R.I.P. Spudnik <3 died today. It was a horrible death too. She couldn't make eggs anymore so fluid built up inside of her, we had an appt to get her drained at 4:45, but at 3, the fluid rushed out of her, both ends, and she drowned. :-( :rip:

Attachments

• spudnik.JPG
    spudnik.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 128
R.I.P Janice, you were my beautiful little angel. Your suffering is over, I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. I love you so much.

24154018.jpg

Oh Lexie3787, that must of been terrible to experience. I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe our birds will meet in heaven? :-( Janice will need a friend.

Smokey Russian Dwarf Hamster 23/2/00
Pebble Rabbit 18/4/02
Gizmo Guinea Pig 19/4/02 (just gave up when pebble went)
Orion Golden sucking loach 7/8/05 (reason unknown)

These are the four animals that I have lost more recently. They were all dear friends and they will remain in my heart forever.

:wub: :byebye: :wub:

Oh I found my ferret that has been lost since Feburary the 20 of this year, I found her this evening she was lost in the ceiling of the apartment down under me.. She made it back home to die I found her dead in between my two filing cabinets. I was devasted. Any ways it was Weasel my first baby ferret, I have hunted for her everyday since she got lost and I finally found her today...RIP my little baby

Attachments

• 3_batch_of_pictures_002.jpg
    3_batch_of_pictures_002.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 119
Mr. Big my birchir died of unknown reasons, it was fun watching him grow.

Good bye! :byebye:

Also Fame my Thoroughbread :byebye:
Ash my hamster :byebye:
Countless other fish over the years including
my precious discus and baby guppies. :byebye:

Bye from francis : :byebye:

I loved my guinea pig Dexter. He was only 2 when he died. He had so many diseases he went through in his life, he was almost healthy, than he was gone. I miss him soo. He was my first pet ever. Thinking about him is bringing tears to my eyes right now. :rip: Dexter :-(

I've so many times wanted to enter something about my dog Minos but words always failed. She was the best dog ever all 14-15 years that we had her. She came to our house on Christmas Eve - a true gift. It was nice to have someone to grow up alongside and she was always a trooper. She was the greatest confidant a person could ask for and always loving when you needed her to be. I wish I could've been there to say goodbye, but at least my family was there. I missed her by an hour. She taught me that no matter how hectic life gets, home is where you hang your hat and are surrounded by those that you love and love you in turn. Missing you with every heartbeat.

(Please read my story) I had a little doxin for three years, here's the story:

I remember the day, We had to get rid of my Chow Chow named smokey bear, who had saved me from getting killed by a bull mastiff. After I saw her being hauled into the truck I started crying I was only about 8 years old, man did I ball my eyes out. My mom, seeing how upset I was, started looking for a dog. She saw a doxin in the paper for 250 dollars, and when she was young, she had one so she knew they were good dogs (well it's true) We went to pick him up at a truck stop and it was between him and his brother. When he looked up at me and my sister, we knew which one we had to choose. We named the little guy Frank, Oh god was he cute, with his little face.......oh god I'm about to start crying. Well anyway after about two years he started to lose his hair a lot, we didn't think much about it. Now this is the dog that kept me warm and safe for three magical years, this is where it starts getting sad. He started to get really mean, attacking me in the face for no reason, leaving big gashes. He started to whine and we could tell that he was miserable. We took him up to the vet, and they said that he had skin cancer, I had to run out of the vet office(Oh god now I am crying) So a couple of weeks later we had a family discussion, whether or not to put him out of his misery or not, I didn't want to do it but I knew he was in pain. So the next day I went to school, I couldn't take it, I thought, "Is this how I want to let him go, without seeing his owner, no", so I called home, my mom came and got me, she said that that day she took him outside (see we never took him outside, because he would get these horrible skin rashes) She let him off the leash and he went crazy, running around the yard, then she got him up to the vet, then my eyes got real watery, and she said that when they gave him the shot, she felt him go limp. I didn't even get a chance to say bye to him. I cryed for 3 straight hours, as my memories of him flashed in my head. I cryed until my eyes were red and swollen, heck I'm even crying right now.

So there it is that's my story of Frank, the best dog a man could have ever asked for.

I'd like to say goodbye to my dear sweet Addy.
Addypicture.jpg

Addy's Life.
Addy was a puppy about 8 years ago at the Hillside SPCA where I work. She got adopted and came back about a year ago. The people said that she bit one of their kids. But we found out that their children had been torturing her, they broke her tail, and were horrible to this sweet loving dog. Addy lived happily at the shelter, as one of my dogs. (We're a no kill and we see the unadoptables there as our dogs, and with time they end up coming home with us, Addy was on my wait list but I didn't get her home fast enough) But we found that she had a terrible knee problem, and even if we would have fixed it she would have been in pain forever. And some of the other female dogs at the shelter had been torturing Addy, and attacking her. So she was afraid at the shelter. She went on daily hikes up the mountain despite the knee problem. And loved hanging out with her mommy (me). But we decided that she couldn't be in pain any longer, or fear for that matter. So yesterday sweet Addy was put to sleep.

For a wonderful dog, that touched my heart. I will miss you greatly, and cant' wait to see you again.

Love,
Your Shelter Mom

Our cats Allie cat and Kodak

Allie was pure bred siamese and he loved to sit on my newspaper whe i was trying to read it. He also loved chinese food.

Kodak was pure black when i cried he used to come and sit by me and hed do anything for ice cream.

They loved to sit together in there basket ontop of the fridge.

Ill miss you always guys and i cant wait to see you again!

I hope all my fish are swimming happily ,somewere still together,they all died the other night when the tank bust :-(

Most reactions

Back