The Rainbow Bridge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oscar A beautiful British Cream cat, I wish I had a picture. I had had him since I was three, I named him, and looked after him and his brother Henry. When he was nine, we lost him for three days, looked everywhere around our street and we finally found him. :-( He had been killed by a fox. :-( :-( :-( :rip:

Well......the story goes......
I found myself pregnant at age 19 and moved out of my house with my boyfriend (had lived in it all of my life) and was suffering from depression and anxiety throughout the first trimester. I was very scared and had to go to my mommy's house everyday while my husband (then boyfriend) went to work because I couldn't be alone...... :*)

ANYHOW.........
Just before Halloween of 1998 we decided to get a little kitten that was free in the paper. We went to pick one out and decided to get a little black and white female. WELL, there was also a little boy (orange and white) that had two bad legs. One of them had two bones in it and about 8 mangled toes and the other one was missing toes. They gave him a tad bit of trouble but nothing he couldn't handle. SO, we decided to take that little boy too! Now, technically the female was mine and the male was my husband's, but since he hates cats they were both mine :lol: :wub: . Those kitties sure did help me feel better through those trying months.

He sure did love me that good old cat. He always greeted me when I came home, he slept right under the covers with me every night. He truly needed me and I truly needed him :wub: :sad: :wub: My husband always use to tease me about the Kitty wanting him, my husband, gone and the Kitty wanting to take his place!!

We had moved a few times and a few years had gone by and we found ourselves renting a house in a fairly good neighborhood......but lots of dogs! :sly: I knew better than to leave Kitty out all night, because of his bad legs, but he was almost as good on them as any cat. Well, one morning we woke up to the neighbor girl crying on our doorstep saying that my cat had been maulled by a couple of mean dogs! I woke my husband up and he went outside and I remember sitting there in the living room in a panic thinking *okay, it's not that bad, so he got bit, we will take him in, he's gotta be okay* Well, he came back in and by the look on his face it wasn't good. The girl and her boyfriend had watched most of it.....they had heard the dogs out their window so they looked out it to tell them to shut up thinking that they were mine :*) and then they saw them cornering my poor kitty by my garage, they had bitten him so badly that his bag broke, you know the one that is around an animals entire body on the inside....they said that they saw the kitty pull himself under our car by his front two paws.......... :-( :-( sorry.......break time..........it still chokes me up........

BREATH, alright,
My husband took him into the emergency vet and was hoping they could do something for him. I was still hopeful and still hadn't wanted to see his poor body.
My husband and the nieghbor's boyfriend went driving around just after that trying to spot the dogs, but they couldn't find them. I called the humane society here and they came out and I filed a report against the dogs and then that is when the vet called me and said that they were sorry, but the kitty had just had a cardiac-arrest and died.

I was very sad.......I literally felt a piece of my heart fall away and I remained sad for quite a while........I missed him soooo. We burried him in my mother's backyard and placed a little monument on top so I will always remember him.

Here he is in all his sweetness!!!!!!:

cat2.jpg

and another

cat4.jpg

:-( people are gonna need tissues by the time this topic is done. so many good animals :-(

Princess: my little black mutt. she was the friendliest dog ever, and loved everyone that pet her and talked to her. we always let her loose during the day, as we live in the country and she stayed in the yard, but at night we hooked her up to her house. well one night some dogs from waaaaaaaaaaay over the hill came in our yard, and she slipped her collar and went after them.. they were 10 times her size and they did her in :-( i still see those dogs sometimes, and don't laugh when i tell you i go after them with a baseball bat....

Muffy: my calico cat. she was 11 when she died last year. we adopted her after she snuck onto my dad's truck before he left work one day, when she was a kitten. she was the goofiest cat ever, and would follow you around the house. the only time she ran anywhere was when she heard her food being dumped in her bowl, and then you could hear her galloping down the hall towards you. :lol:

Charlie: my gray striped tiger kitty. he died when i was about 10. he was a wild boy, and would always go off for a few days exploring the hills. one time he returned all messed up, i think he got in a fight with a racoon. :-( he died because of complications from that fight. he was my first kitty, so i won't ever forget him.

Cleo: my pitbull. she was the gentlest dog ever. i used to lay on her when i was a toddler. :rolleyes: she died many years ago, i think of old age. :(

Matthew: my betta. he was only 2 when he died from body fungus :sad: i feel like i failed him, because i didn't catch the disease soon enough to save him. one day it was just all over him.. he was the sweetest betta. everytime i went to feed him, he would jump partially out of the water at my fingers :wub:

Frisky: my hamster. the most hyper little thing you could ever imagine. :lol: he always wanted to be picked up and held. he lived for 3 years, a good lifespan for a hamster. i still miss him and his squeaky wheel.

i've had many many many more animals, but i don't want to take up too much room with their stories. these guys are the ones that stick out the most clearly in my mind. i miss them all :sad:

Non-Fish
Cody- Golden Retriever- Stomach Cancer
Lucy- Orange Marmalade Taby Cat- FIP ( Feline Infectious Penatrosious)

Fish
Barry- Betta- Killed by a Molly
Cleo- Goldfish- ???
Fig- Goldfish- Fungus Infection
Fig 2- Goldfish- ???
Tiger- Goldfish- Gill Problem
Koi- Goldfish- ???
George- Goldfish- Crushed by Decoration
Fantasia- Platy- Killed by a Molly
Ghost- Molly- Killed by a Molly
Narobie- Molly- Killed by a Molly
Daphne- Molly- Killed by Gourami
Ange- Angel Fish- Killed by a Molly
Blackie- Angel- ???
Whitey- Angel- ???
Unamed Angel- ???
Nipsey- shark- Killed by a Molly
Tipsey- shark- Killed by a Molly
Crunch, or Spike- shark- Died in Bag
Jones- Guppie- Sampson
Isabelle- Guppie- Birth Problems
Jasmine- Guppie- Killed by a Molly
Sampson- Guppie-Sucked into filter
Betty Susannah (B.S.)- betta- ???

I think theres more. ??? Fish were just found dead. Those fish are both mine and my brothers

Tigger the Cat- the only cat i ever owned, died due to something forming in its stomach
Oreo the Bunny- ran away and later died
Corn stalk the gerbil- ran away and died
Fuzzy Jr. the gerbil- died from hypothermia
:rip:
Fish- Rocky the scooter blenny, died from starvation

Kujo my gentle giant German shepherd Rottweiler cross 6years old died January 2000 from a heart attack.

Taz 18th month old Irish Blue died May 2002, had to be put to sleep because of incurable bowel disease.

Klute 16 year old ginger cat died 6 days ago my heart is still aching. :no:

Crazy cat

Hamster- Leo, Died of old age.
Mice Kitty and minnie, Kitty was sick, Not sure of what, and minnie died of old age.
Rabbit Tippey, I have no idea what happened, One day she was fine, The next she was dead..
Fish 2 gold fish, Vince and streak..
Bye all my babies :byebye:
Tricia

My dwarf hamster, Fuzzy died a year ago today. When I went to the pet store to buy a hamster, I instantly knew she was the one I wanted. She walked up to the front of the cage and looked at me, then when the employee opened the cage, Fuzzy walked into her hand. I bought her a hamster ball made specially for dwarf hamsters, she loved it; she would run for hours and snap at me when I tried to take her out of the hamster ball. After I had her for about a year and 5 months, I noticed she was loosing her hair. I took her to the vet, and along with the hair loss, they also found some crusty scab-like patches on her. They didn't know exactly what it was, but they gave me a medicine that they thought would cure it. The medicine didn't work, I came in from riding my bike about a month later and found her lying under her water bottle, dead. A few months ago I was watching Emergency Vets, and a cat came in with the same thing Fuzzy had, the doctors on the show said it was ringworm. :-( I was mad that I hadn't seen it before Fuzzy died, but at least now I know what she died from. :rip: :rip: :byebye:

Also Keebler, the Welsh Cob Pony I leased for a month died in May. He wasn't totally mine, but I felt like he was. He would come when I called him, and whenever I walked by his stall he would paw at his door. (a bad habbit I know, but he didn't do it often) He was a hunter/jumper champion who had retired (even though he was only 7 or 8 when I leased him) and he had a really good temper. Even after the lease was up, I still rode him ocasionally and gave him treats whenever possible. He died from liver disease. :-( :-( :rip: :byebye:

It is with tears in my eyes that I regret to inform you that this post is in loving memory of my shrimpy who died today.

He was/is a singapore flower shrimp who liked hiding under his bogwood log all day and patroling the top of the log by night.
He would hit those stinking gourami with his front legs if they came to close and could have been said to be a bit grumpy by some people who didn't know him as well as me. He was not only an honest, true and law abiding member of the community tank but also helped keep the tank clean.
A full investigation is now in progress.

So far the only lead We have is "invert safe" ich treatment that may not have been so "safe" after all!
We have a full team of investigators coambing the bottom of the tank looking for clues (peppered corys) and the black widow tetra are questioning the gourami who like to swim to close to shrimpy.
My amano shrimp are inconsolable at the moment but will have to be questioned later to eliminate them from the investigation.

Bye, bye Shrimpy, I love you. You will be missed so, so much.

Shrimpy, Shrimpy.
People said you were grumpy.
You'd strike those gourami with such vigor
Even though they were about an inch bigger.
Shrimpy, Shrimpy.
I love you so much,
Now your in the big tank in the sky
Look after yourself, I'll try not to cry.
:byebye:

silver said:
Here he is in all his sweetness!!!!!!:
silver i'm very sorry to hear about your Cat.....

I had a few Animals die
When I was little (only 4 years old) we had just moved out in the country and my parents got us 4 kids a new Dog she was a Beagle mix
We named her Cinnamon Toast Crunch.....
The school bus would always stop at our house when bringing kids home from school and our dog would bite the tires....... well one day like always she would run up the hill to the road and wait for the bus .....a trash truck was coming one way and the Bus the other way......the bus driver was new and didn't know that the old bus driver would stop for Cinnamon....... well the trash truck and the bus met at the same time when the dog tried to get out of the way She got ran over by the bus and then by the trash truck.... we had to clean the road off she was everywhere We only had her about 2 years and she was my best friend...
I was only 6 when she died and I've never forgotten her......

after that my parents got me a Cat.....
we didn't know she was pregnant and she had 7 kittens my brother and I were playing when we heard the kittens and ran all the way home with the Cats in hand to show mom (she let me keep the one I loved)........ one was my Fav she was the most beautiful Kitten and Cat I'd ever seen..... she was a calico, beautiful bright colours..... I had her about 3 years and she got pregnant and had 5 babies and also got rabies and we had to kill all of them because I got bit...... I had cried so hard over that Cat I wanted her back so bad...... I will some day get another one like her but this time will take her to the Vets ........

Such a beautiful thread there Inchworm for us to express the loss of our friends and family.
Here is my boy, who really did seem to give it all he had. I tend to agree with SirMinion that he had an internal parasite that gave him no chance for survival. My beauty in the beast, my Medusa :-(

Attachments

• medusa.jpg
    medusa.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 151
RIP Zenin my Rat
??/??/??- 9/12/04
approximateley 2 years old
she was suffering from an upper respiratory infection
She was Euthanaised on september 12, 2004 :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Members online