The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My beautiful baby boy died last night at 4 years old
He was loved dearly
The sweetest guinea pig I have ever known
He was such a happy, playful and lovable little guy,
With a temperament much like a friendly little dog
He loved to be tickled and chased (with your hand)
He would squeal and buck and run around
He loved to cuddle, kiss and loved to play
I will never forget the way he unselfishly dedicated his time
to those who needed his comfort, as he lay across your lap like a furry little
hot water bottle
His bright eyes shone light even in the darkest times

My lovely little friend
Who blessed my life for 4 years
I will never forget you
My beautiful Yoshi

Attachments

• Yoshi_002a.JPG
    Yoshi_002a.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 152
This thread is so upsetting. Heres some of my most special pets:

Pepper: a beautiful white and brown longhaired hamster who I had for about 2 years. I absolutely loved him I cried for ages when he died. He was my first pet that was exclusively mine, and not a family pet. I think he died of pneumonia. He was such a sweet hamster I used to make mazes for him out of video cases... he would always climb out over the top!

Bess: She was my beautiful, wonderful, amazing dog. She was a LurcherXCollieXAlsation and she was the most incredible dog ever. She was brilliant with kids, and she had the softest nature I have ever known of any animal. She never snapped, she never bit. She loved playing in the sea, and playing fetch - she would play fetch for hours upon hours and when you told her you'd had enough, she would look at you with her beautiful soft brown eyes and you would always pick up the sodden, saliva soaked toy and throw it one more time. She was 13 when she had a stroke. There was no signals - she was a healthy dog who acted like a puppy. Then after the stroke she just wasnt the same dog. The day after, we made the terrible descision to have her put down. It hurt so bad, I just didn't have a clue what to do. We spent ages saying goodbye to her but she didnt know what was happening.

Guinness: My first guinea pig. He was a lovely longhaired sheltie, brown, grey and white. He must have been about 4 when he died. I'll always remember him because he had such a sweet nature. He loved being cuddled.

Lancelot: Lancelot was a gorgeous Charolais bull which I raised from birth until he was 16 months old. We had so many good times - like when we won our class at the local county show. And we won a trophy for turnout and presentation. He was incredible - there is a photo of him in my avatar picture. I loved him. he was slaughtered for meat in the end...I hope he went quickly and painlessly. He was a cheeky little thing - he would push his luck but he always seemed to be aware when I wasn't in the mood for his messing. He was so special.

I have had many many more pets but these are fresh in my mind.

R.I.P Belle - October 8th, 2004

Only 2 years old :no: :-(

This picture was taken last week, she was perfectly healthy.
cb8b378d.jpg

:byebye: Today our beloved Tigger, our grand gentleman cat, our lion of the household, passed suddenly away. He was 16 and had lived a full life, adopted us when he was a tiny kitten, and was a great old man. We used to talk back and forth he and I. He had the greatest purr. He was losing abit of body fat with age but was still in perfect health. At least it was instantaneous for him and he didn't die from a lingering illness or such, which we have had happen(like feline leukemia) and that's real rough. I still haven't reached 2 of our 4 kids with the news but the other two couldn't believe it(including SnowyAngel, member here), he's been a fixture in our family for so long. He was just a grand regal pasha.

He had lovely long silky hair, a gold and brown toned long hair tabby with deep black tabby stripes all over. The vet called him a black tabby. All I know is, he was one big heavy cat, not fat, heavy. People used to think he was a purebred and we were breeding him. He'd been fixed but he sure was gorgeous to look at. Our 11 year old dog and him had a friendly rivalry going for our affections for the past decade, make a fuss of one and the other was right there demanding their share. So I took our dog out to the box he was laid in, opened the flap and she put her nose down and sniffed him for a moment. I think she knew who it was. I told her SHE had better not die on me anytime soon...first my sister, now the cat...that's enough for the past 4 weeks! :(

We've still got two cats, a 7 and 13 year old. We buried him out under a tree on the quiet undisturbed side of our garage where he can rest in peace. Man, I love having animals but saying goodbye to them....eeeesh. I've read the memorials here, I did that just last week funnily enough, and my heart goes out to anyone who's lost a buddy, a compadre. They sure do enrich our lives. I know Tigger did.

Thanks for listening, we're gonna miss that great old fella. What a character! :nod:

I was crying before i got to page 3. :-( :byebye:

yesterday my beloved hermit crab died. My first grade teacher gave him to me as a present...10 yeats later he passed away. He probablly lived around 5 years before then...So 15 years...I have had my hermit crab..He lived a solitary, happy(and LONG) life. I hope he had a good time :)

We just got a new puppy. We haven't had a dog for 7 years. He was a great dog andI love him, as I do the one I have now. He lived for 14 years, and had to be put to sleep due to the terrible pain he had walking with his old hips. My family just couldn't satnd watching him struggling to walk and we had to put him to sleep.

I will miss all my pets dearly.

Gordon- Unwanted hamster from my auntie. Well, not unwanted, but he'd escaped and had lived on rabbit food for god knows how long. They caught him and asked if I wanted him.
Pip and Squeak- Two /Robrovski Hamsters, Squeak died first then quite a while later Pip followed.
Hazel and Patch- Two mice, Hazel died first, unknown why, then Patch died of a tumor.

Lazarus...VT betta extraordinaire. Even though he struggled in the last days he made an effort to come say hello when I was nearby.

Laz, you will be missed. :sad:

My wittle Sigmound:
You went through alot and was my first froggy,
I will miss you so much little guy!
RIP

Attachments

• baby_sig.jpg
    baby_sig.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 157
I would like to Put up a few of my animals First I had a cat we named HUNTER he was shot by a bb gun and lose the use of his legs some how. He could feel them but he just couldnt use them. He died from me being stupid I guess I never got him fixed and he had some kind of trouble like that. It had to do with him being a tom cat and wanting a female his kidneys shut down. I lost him November 16 of last year. He was only a year old.

Recently, my beloved pet rooster Skoggi had to be euthanized.
When I rescued Skoggi, he was living in a cage too small to turn around in, buried to his chest in feces and rancid food. He weighed about 1/3 of what he should have, was blind in one eye, had severe muscle atrophy (couldn't spread his wings or lift his head), and was infested with mites. The mess on his legs was so thoroughly compacted that it took a whole week of soaking on hot oils and water before we could loosen it all up. When the feces and food came away, we discovered two things: one, that his toenails had grown to almost 3 inches long, making it hard to walk, and that he also had a terrible, infected degloving wound that spread from his toes up to his mid leg. We spent weeks on end bandaging and medicating his foot daily, and though the wound decreased in size, if eventually healed all it could and could heal no more. As a result, the rooster spent a good two years having daily foot wraps, as well as periods of time on maintenence antibiotic. Finally, we could afford the surgery and after spending 300 dollars, a skin graft was in place. For a while, he was doing better. Then, something went awry, and from the irritation over the years, the fascia of the foot became cancerous, eating all of the connective tissues and effectively ruining the blood supply to skin and other tissues. Gangrene set in, but Skoggi continued to hobble up onto his perching to sit by his mate, patrol the yard for dangers, eat voraciously, and crow every morning at sunrise. However, we knew from the rapid deterioration of his food that Skoggi would soon have to be euthanized.
Finally, a few months ago, the infection spread to his bones, and while bandagaing, the entire foot caved in and fell to peices. He could feel nothing due to the advanced state of decay, but could no longer walk. He laid in his cage, eating happily, and crowed the morning we took him to the vet's to be laid to rest. I will always look back fondly on the four wonderful years I spent with this bird. He taught me so much about preservering in the face of adversity, and taught everyone in the family a little something about the value of life even for "just a chicken." Skoggi will always hold a special place in my heart, and will be forever missed.

Moonlight and chocolate...hope they haveal the grass you can eat!!! :-(
DSCN0190.jpg

Max my little scottish terrier..I love you so much love yaxxxihope your happy and arnt in any more pain.I will never forget you i promise :byebye: :byebye:

This is my pal Ricco. We lost him just yesterday, and I am still sort of in shock. His health has been going down hill for some time now, but Ricco was a fighter. So it still came as a shock that he wasnt able to pull through it. He was 11 yrs old.
We love you soo much buddy. You will be missed.

Attachments

• rico1.JPG
    rico1.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 169
Where do I start???

Tim and Tom - Tortoise shell kittens. Missing in Action. We read in the newspapers shortly after their disappearance that someone in our neighbourhood had been caught feeding live kittens and puppies to their snake :sick:

Misty - Tortoise shell cat. My uncle gave her to us along with Sooty (below). Misty was really old and has lost her meow. She could just about manage a squeek if she tried real hard. Turned out she was suffering really badly with arthritis and it was kinder to let her go to sleep than it was to let her carry on being in pain :-(

Sooty - The best cat I ever had :X This one used to live in the bottom of my wardrobe and go in and out through my bedroom window :wub: Was a true scaredy cat if ever there was one. Was scared of everything and everyone apart from me. This one ended up with epilepsy and unfortunately it was so bad we couldnt do anything for her. I had her cremated and scattered her ashes over the parkland near our house. I still have the wooden varnished box that she came back to me in with a brass plaque showing her name :* :byebye:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back