The Rainbow Bridge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Simon - my beautiful little silky terrier. My son was 4 years old and picked him out as a puppy. There never was a more loving little dog. The vet sent him over the rainbow bridge on July 2, 2002. He was 17 years old. He'd had a stroke and was almost blind and life had stopped being fun for him. I will always remember his boundless energy and his delight in everything, he had always been a happy little dog before. We will never forget our little Si Si.

Whew! I started crying before I could finish and had to stop. \

I also want to remember Shaun. My beloved collie. I saved my baby sitting money when I was 16 to buy him. He was the puppy that came to the front of the litter when we went to see them. He marched up to us like "You folks look okay to me, I'll just go home with you!" He never looked back. If I tried to relate all the wonderful memories I have of him it would take forever. I took him to obedience school and we were the youngest team at the time to ever ribbon during final exams. (I still have his 3rd place ribbon.) When he was about 6 years old he was at home with my mother when someone tried to break into our house. Shaun went running to the back door, knocked the door open with his weight and chased the guy across the yard. (My mother saw him.) The guy tried to jump the fence and Shaun caught his leg as he was going over. He ripped the pants leg off the guys pants. They never caught the guy, but needless to say we didn't have anymore trouble with break-ins after that. He was 13 years old when he died of cancer. He was always so gentle and loving that we didn't even know anything was wrong until it was too late. I still miss him after 22 years.

long list-

Sammy and Gus- a male and female budgie. dont rember much i was only 5 when they passed on.

Shunkie- a female cockapoo doggie. i always remver stealin her doggie bed. we had to put her to sleep she couldent move here legs anymore

Fuzzy and Chewey-2 monglian Gerbils both female. they were so cute i miss them..i forgot what happend to them.

Zack the one week wonder(haha my bf is named Zack how creepy)-i got this betta in 3rd or 4th grade i was a dumb kid and put him in too cold of water. he died of cold water shock.

Aaron-my red male halfmoon.died of cancer. it was the same day of that spaceship crash in FEB.

Scamper,runts,daisy,scooter and peachey- regular gerbils scamper was the dad they almost all died of cancer between 2003-2004

Sweetheart-Mommy of the babies. she died of respitory faliure. i miss her alot she was born in like november of 2002 she had a litter w/ scamper in 2003 and she died on September 1st 2004.

and my favorite of all-

Gus-My multicolored VT(see avatar). he died on December 7 2004. he had a wonderfull pampered life. he had a good life for an asmatic betta w/ a deofrmed mouth from walmart .i got him after aaron. his 4th birthday would be in May this year

Everyone's RB pets are beautiful. I'm not going to list the birds and fish that have been in my life at the moment (need to get back to work), but here are the two RB pets who were closest to my heart.

Cody
12/25/1986 - 03/28/1999
cody2yrs.jpg

Willie
11/08/1988 - 11/09/2001
willie.jpg

williecody3.jpg

Still miss my boys very much. :-(

im in shock,and absolutly devastated that my 13 year old cat died tonight,she wasn,t ill whatsoever she had no signs of illness,she came for her food from the living room at 7.45 and eat that then went and washed herself on the chair and lay down and went to sleep and when i went to wake her at 9 she was still in the same position dead,i just cant believe it im kinda glad she didn,t suffer but she was so lovable i dont know if i can get over this its hit me really hard .me and my dad as just buried her now,the vet thinks it was a massive heart attack..im sorry if im rambleing but i just had to share this with my friends here
claire
ill never forget you kitiara you made me love cats

i forgot amy one but i posted her allover.

Ani- poor little betta got ich fungus and dropsy there was no hope since my mom is anti meds

I'll start from newest to oldest.

Zippy, my smallest Neon Tetra. No idea what happened. Possible SWD. Lost him last night.

Unnamed blue male VT betta. Once again, no idea. Just found him stone cold at the bottom of the tank. I suspect I bought him with a problem, he didnt eat, and died within 48 hours of me getting him.

Various mice, including Pearl, Popcorn, Kiwi, Anastasia, Monty, Muffin, Aiko. All except for Anastasia died of natural causes/old age. Anastasia was allegedly eaten by my dog.

Various hamsters including ShebaI, ShebaII (My sister's ham's, she was 7 so that explains the names.) Sugar, Petey. All except Sheba I and II died of natural causes. Sheba I fell in the sump pump after escaping, and Sheba II was eaten by my cat.

Tweety and Heather my budgies. Tweety died of cancer, Heather of old age.

My old cats, Heidi, Cali and Whiskars. Heidi died of old age. Whiskers died of pneumonia and Cali got lost. Never found her.

I lost my 10 year old dog Haley in December.

She was the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful dog anyone could ask for.

I'll never forget you my baby.
707c02b6.jpg

dolly_daydream, the same thing happened to my 12 year old Dobermann a few years ago. I know it's a great shock, but you can rest assured that she was obviously in no pain whatsover and that she went in the most peaceful and best way possible. I think you were both very fortunate under the circumstances.

Haiku, your boys were gorgeous and I see that they both lived to a grand old age. RIP to both of them.

This is Sandie, we got her when I was 5 and she died in 1999 at the age of 13 (only a month from being 14). It has to be the worse day of my life so far :(

Attachments

• Sandie.jpg
    Sandie.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 145
Mona (Golden Retriever) died 6 weeks ago, she was 10 years old and soon to be 11 :-( that week was the most surreal one, the day that it happend I couldn't believe it :blink:

She had surgery on saturday at 3pm because the vet was going to extirpate something that could become into cancer and wouldn't allow her to eat or swallow in the future. This was not bothering her at the current time and it was just a preventive measure so that it wouldn't become a problem in the future and so that she would live more years. Everything was supposed to be alright so we took her home, but later that night she started to feel really bad, she would come by the futton sofa I was so that I could check up on her and she stared at me like something was not right, the vet even came to my house around 4am. 2 hours later she started to feel better so the vet didn't took her with him, and since I was with her the whole time during surgery (lasted like 3 hours) I was really tired so I fell asleep around 9am on sunday, I then woke up at 11am because my mom called me and ask me how Golda was doing, so we went by her bed (almost right outside my bedroom) and the poor thing had already passsed away.

I still feel like hell because of those 2 hours that I overslept, in which there could have been something I could have done for her :byebye: call the vet or something, the worse thing is that she died alone.

She was the greatest dog I ever had and the sweetest one, I had her when I was like 13 years old, and she would let everyone to pet her and play with her, it came to one point in which I teach her something and she would "know" what I mean right away. She even understood the expression of my eyes without having to say a word. My family its sad about what happened but they don't really understand how I feel, it was my dog afterall.

I know most people would not cry over a dog for more than a day, but I still get sad when I have to tell people I that my dog died, I even cry when I think about her, or feel sad when I walk by a place were I used to take her our for a walk. I also used to run with her almost every morning, so I haven't been able to follow the same route that I used to run with her :(

This is the main reason why I started keeping fish, just so that I could think of something else when I'm at home because everything reminds me of her. I dont have a picture of her at my PC but if possible I will scan one or move one of the ones at my cellphone to my PC.

This is for all my babies.

Alice Cooper - Rescued as a stray, we only had him for less then a year. We guessed he was about 7 when he died. We dont know why he died, but somehow his liver just shutdown. Ultra-sound and expensive tests did nothing. In the end it was all too much. I am so sorry baby boy...I wish I could have saved you...forgive me.
aliceperfect.jpg

Goldie - Died at age 14 of degenerative nerve disorder.
goldie1.jpg

Tasha - Died at age 13 of complications due to renal failure. I grew up with her, she was my playmate, bestfriend and mentor. She taught me that nothing in life can be so bad that a good sunbath wont fix it.
tash2.jpg

Figaro - Died at age 10 of heart failure. He dealt with a heart murmur all his life, yet you would never have known. A better, more laid-back boy kitty you will never find. Bye my sweet figgy magoo.
fig6.jpg

henry was a black prize winning border colly, blue healer, austrailian (sorry for spelling) mix! he was my best friend when i was 7 my mum and dad had had him for 14 years (7 until i came along) then when i was 8 he died!

nicolbie was a shellty my mum and dad had had him for 10 years and he died when i was 8!

these animals died of anti-freeze poisoning! my father grew tired of me wanting to bring them in so he placed anti-freeze in there food :byebye: i had always tohught they died of old age until i heard this today from my mum!

my litte emma. she was only with me for a few days, but she was the best kitten I have ever had, she was cute, sweet and affectionet, not to mention she had a playfull side as well. She was also a perfect mix of my other two cats, peaches and molly.

emma olivia April 17, 2005 to June 6, 2005.

Luckily Emma has people on the other side who will take care of her. She was a little birthday pressent for my grandma I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Back