The Rainbow Bridge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jessie my beloved 17 year old dog had to be put to sleep last Thursday 10th November. She was a rescue dog who'd been badly treated and she was just 11 weeks old when I got her. RIP my sweetest until we meet again.

I would like to remeber my beautiful white boxer dog, his name was boxy lopo, he died on Nov 21st 1997. I lived in Dubai and someone put poison in my garden on purpose, he took his last breath while I held on to him. This day broke my heart, he was my man, he looked after me. I remeber him every single day. After he died I returned to the UK, I carried on the plane a big rock which was his, he used to pick it up and most of the time when he dropped it, it would be on my foot. I now have 3 dogs who I really love, but not one of them come close to my man Boxy Lopo.

I would like to remember my dog Pepito. He was 17 when he died in 2000, 10 days before my father. At first, we thought he was a Chihuahua/terrier mix, but then we found out he was an American Eskimo, the toy variety. We named him Pepito because he was so peppy, and loved to run around in our big yard. Pepito was originally for my sister, who begged and begged for a dog, but it was I who took care of him. We grew up together, I was 7 when we got him. I loved him very, very much and was his primary care giver when he grew old. I would give him massages, and trim his little nails and give him hugs and kisses as I bathed him. He didn't like FL very much when we moved in 1992, the frogs, large cockroaches, and lizards were yucky to him. He started to feel his age there. He grew blind and had arthritis; I gave him little children's aspirin, and tomatos for treats. He would dance for them.

He was in pretty good shape, though, just blind and slower. One night, he pushed his way out and drowned in our swimming pool. He just couldn't swim, he was so old. I will love him forever. My CiCi in many ways is just like him, so we sometimes call her Pepita.

I know Pepito is with my father and they are both very happy. I have to stop now, as I am quite emotional and have one more memorial to write.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to share. Here is his picture.

Pepito_Picture_Nice_Older.jpg

A couple of memorials for my greatly missed furry buddies:

Lucy was my wonderful little rat terrier who died a little over a year ago. I got her when I was 8 years old and we grew up together. She was very unlike most dogs of her breed in terms of temperament... very timid and shy. The most gentle, loving dog you could ever ask for. She was over 11 years old when she passed. One night when I was coming home from classes she ran to greet the car like usual, but for some reason couldn't get out of the way... I was going less than 1mph pulling into my parking spot when I heard the thump. She was killed instantly. RIP Lucy, I miss you every day.
Here's she and I having fun together on a trip to New Mexico many years ago:
lucy.jpg

Little Cat was also dearly loved, despite never having a proper name, haha. My family and I never could decide on a good one, so his temporary name stuck. We always called him "Mr. Little". He just disappeared one night, presumably killed by coyotes or neighborhood dogs that were on our property when they shouldn't have been (Little never strayed beyond our pasture). We never found any trace of him. I cried for days. To make matters worse, his disappearance was only a little over a month before Lucy's death.
RIP beautiful Little Man
ec12.jpg

This is in memory of Dino my fiances cat. He was pts last night (boxing day). He had heart problems and collapse last night because of a blood clot that got trapped in his leg. He was a gorgeous cat with a lovely temperament. I posted a photo of him here are while ago: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=98337&hl=dino Funny that that photo was taken exactly one year before he died. RIP Dino.

This is in memory of Dino my fiances cat. He was pts last night (boxing day). He had heart problems and collapse last night because of a blood clot that got trapped in his leg. He was a gorgeous cat with a lovely temperament. I posted a photo of him here are while ago: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=98337&hl=dino Funny that that photo was taken exactly one year before he died. RIP Dino.

i am so sorry to hear of yr loss
what a lovely cat :wub:

I'm really sorry to hear about your boyfriends cat. He looked absolutely gorgeous.

I've got 6 cats at the moment - all of whom are in fine fettle.

This was Charlie - I had her for my 21st birthday, when she was 9 weeks old. She had been dumped in a skip and left to die when she was found. It took weeks for me to win her round but when I did she couldn't have given me any more love than she did. She knew every word I said. If I was poorly she wouldn't leave my side. When I had a bath she would come in and stand on the side of the bath and stroke my face with her paw. She used to play games with me (the trusting one that you do in school - where you fall backwards and trust someone to catch you!). She was my baby.

She died 4 and half years ago in August 2001 of Cancer. She was 11. I woke up one morning and she wasn't breathing properly, she had had no sign of any illness at any time in her life. I rushed her to the vets where they said she needed a scan, she never came around from the anaesthetic. I still miss her dreadfully.

RIP Charlie

AshleyCharliesmall.jpg

This is for my Gena.

She was my best buddy. She was with me through a marriage and a divorce, a new relationship, a new marriage....

Gena was a jack russel/whippet cross, in tan and white, she looked like a Basenji. She was mistaken for a Basenji by a breeder once.

Gena was the old mans next doors dog, and when he died, no one wanted his dog, so I had her. The family took everything, I mean they even dug up his fish pond to take, I lived next door to Stan for 3 years and I never saw one single relative go to the house while he was alive, he was so lonely that he use to stand on his door step and talk to passers by.

We were the only ones to go see him in hospital when he was dieing of cancer, me, and Dee & Paddy, the neighbours that lived on the other side of him.

Stans last wish was that someone should take care of Gena and that whatever we did we shouldn't let any of his relatives take his treasured green house.

When they were going through his house, they said to just have Gena put to sleep because no one wanted her, she was 4 years old.

I took Gena, and one night Dee came over, she said, "to give that little dog a big hug and kiss" I asked her why and she told me that as just a neighbour, she'd had no authority to prevent his relatives from taking anything, but Stans "family" had dismantled his green house and leaned the glass up against our dividing fence and Gena had run out into my garden and jumped up the fence knocking all the glass down and breaking every single pane. Gena gave Stan his last wish.

Gena was with me until just after her 13th birthday. She had a stroke one day when I was at work, Dan was home with her, it was the end of April, she died in my arms the following morning at 5am on May 1st 2000. Of course I have Sasha now and she's my girl too :) but Gena was my first and I'll never forget her.

Goodnight Gena, goodnight Stan.

It is with tears in my eyes and a broken heart that I
say a fond farewell to Thomas.
He was layed to rest today at 2pm, following a trip to the vets.

Thomas was fine, upto 10pm last night when he wet the carpet,
(something he has never done) he refused to eat anything this
morning, (again, not normal behaviour for a 1 1/2stone cat)
and looked very lethargic. The appointment was made
for 10am, they kept him in for "observation". At 1pm they discovered
he had extensive throat cancer, and there was nothing that could be
done for him, except the "kindest thing"

:rip: Thomas 1998-2006 :rip:
post-20-1088707561.jpg

I know how you feel Wolf. My cat I had for 14 years died recently and it hurts really bad. Im sorry for your loss.

This is my old Bess. She died around the same time as my mom did so it was tough but I figured maybe she'd have someone to look after her until my time comes. Bess was 20 years old and was very senile so I had to make a decision. She was a sensitive soul, very delicate and gentle. When I lose a cat, I go right on and get another as there are sooo many wonderful animals out there who need a home. This isn't a good photo but here it is.

Attachments

• bess.JPG
    bess.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 109
You guys are making me cry but so blessing my heart! Isn't it the most wonderful thing to have an animal who has touched your life and shown you unconditional love? Thanks for sharing all your good memories:) SuzieQPlecMomma, that is the greatest story and happyannie, good for you on rescuing another, you sound like me! Please post pics of the new kitty!! My condolences out to all of you who have recently lost a beloved one.

omg i find it soooo hard to read this thread without getting seriously wet eyeballs. but its lovely to see pics of all of your beautiful, greatly missed pals. & thanks for sharing with us..........i must dig out some pics of the gorgeous animals i have known & loved over the years and still miss after all this time

I've lost many pets over the years but the two that hurt the most are
MAX my dobermann, born Aug 1981 died Sept 1988, just 7 yrs old (vets error) He's the reason I have my new dobermann although this one is nothing like him!
Also LUKA my beautiful weimaraner - born 2nd May 1990 and PTS 15th May 2004. She was a beautiful silver lady. I adored her and miss her so much. I wish I had a picture to show you but I only have photographs in my album. I wish she was still with me though she will live forever in my heart. She is buried in our garden with a stone plaque. I was blessed the day I met her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back