Thai wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Everything I can find online calls them microrasbora kubotai or neon green rasboras

I've seen them sold as green tetras as well as neon green rasboras.

Yes, they are about the same size as ember tetras. Several years ago I had both in the same tank.

They are in the river in my country, I really want them but I dont like to catch them from wild, it seems cruel what do you think? @seangee @essjay

They are in the river in my country, I really want them but I dont like to catch them from wild, it seems cruel what do you think? @seangee @essjay
Well they are native to your country. If you do catch some and put them in a tank with other fish make sure to quarantine them first.
Disclaimer: I am not aware of the laws in your country so you would need to check if this is legal.

Last edited:
If it is legal and you put them in a large enough tank it should be okay

Now for something completely different. Despite the fact that the tank is now over 7 months old I have never quite cracked the light balance. Plants are growing but not fantastically and I am starting to see a slight increase in algae. All 6 of the otos I added here are alive and well :)

I have been thinning the frogbit quite regularly, its now growing faster in the outdoor pond than the fish can eat, so as long as we don't get a late frost the pond is gearing up for summer. Since these are all clearwater fish and I had to clear the top yet again to allow feeding I scooped all the floating plants out and dumped them in the fish pond. Turned off the white channel on my second (added) light unit but left the red channel running so I get a red sunrise / sunset and also increase the lower end of the light spectrum, but less light overall. This is neccessary as there is no longer any shading.

On the plus side my tanks no longer all look the same with masses of frogbit roots trailing. But it just doesn't look right to me. Hopefully I will get used to it.
20200424_191644.jpg

Haven't posted this one in a while. A little over two months ago I bought a dimmer for this tank as I had persistent algae including BBA. Not terrible but persistent. So I reduced the light output to 55%. I have pretty much done nothing else (not even cleaned the leaves). The plants / tank have responded superbly. The holes in the anubias are where the BBA was worst and the tatty leaves are thanks to the loaches - but I am really pleased with the result
20200723_194532.jpg

And did you continue to up the gdh?

Plants look really good, the anubias nana looks nice and dark green, I just picked up several anubias plants to add to my tetra tank replacing the Jave Ferns that turned brown.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back