Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thai wonder

Discussion in 'Freshwater Journals' started by seangee, Sep 21, 2019.

1. seangee

seangee Member

Added around 25 microdevario kubotai today.

Gosh they sure are active compared to the CPD I have in the same room. Still fairly washed out but they are starting to colour. The sids are still half asleep although they did all come rushing out when I first added the newcomers. A few scary moments (for me), but it didn't take long to learn the new tankmates were too big to be food and were not a threat to the established hierarchy so it settled down fairly quickly.

The tank has a decent flow and they are not at all bothered by it. I have set the powerhead to come on for 2 out of every 6 hours with a complete rest overnight. There is no noticeable change in behaviour whether the powerhead is on or off. Just need to get some plants in now as it is looking a bit sterile.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sylvan

Sylvan Fish Fanatic

Looking good, once they get their colour back it will look amazing.

3. seangee

seangee Member

The little guys certainly know what to do with food :D.
    Last night they got the Dennerle equivalent of bug bites. I wouldn't normally feed on day 1 but ended up working away from home last week and was recently on hols for 2 weeks - so the sids have only been fed 1 week in the last 4.

Today they had NLS micro pellets. I had to guess how much to feed but I had to provide a second helping as my guesstimate was devoured within 20 seconds before the sids even realised it was feeding time :eek:.

I'm not sure they will eat off the substrate as they did not respond to the shrimp pellets I fed at bedtime. But it was still day one ...