Aquascaper 1200 - Hypsophrys Nicaraguensis tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And we are full of water! Which is the good news... the bad news is I've realised the filters I've got in the sale are not what I wanted. I've got a Fluval 406 and a JBL, the Fluval doesnt work with my steel lily pipes and I've realised the JBL only does 700 lph which is rather low for a 300 litre tank!

The undetermined news is that I'm able to buy a Biomaster 850 but at great bartering with my wife for a yet undisclosed reciprocal favour... I also need to sell a lot of aquarium related stuff so if you are in East Yorkshire and in the market for an external filter, set of glass lily pipes, a large bucket of seriyu stone or Co2 regulator give me a message!

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 13.24.21.png

And we are full of water! Which is the good news... the bad news is I've realised the filters I've got in the sale are not what I wanted. I've got a Fluval 406 and a JBL, the Fluval doesnt work with my steel lily pipes and I've realised the JBL only does 700 lph which is rather low for a 300 litre tank!

The undetermined news is that I'm able to buy a Biomaster 850 but at great bartering with my wife for a yet undisclosed reciprocal favour... I also need to sell a lot of aquarium related stuff so if you are in East Yorkshire and in the market for an external filter, set of glass lily pipes, a large bucket of seriyu stone or Co2 regulator give me a message!

View attachment 338334
We do what we must to keep peace in the household (and still get what we want)! :lol: Looking forward to seeing this thing with some fish in it!

We do what we must to keep peace in the household (and still get what we want)! :lol: Looking forward to seeing this thing with some fish in it!
You and me both! Might be a few weeks while I get the tank cycled going to use some media from other tanks but going to dose ammonia.

You can't really tell but the filter is now set up!
Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 22.08.44.png

The Biomaster really is a great piece of kit, just such good build quality and you get quite a bit with it, 2 baskets of biomedia, just the plastic rings but fine and 4 big baskets with a fine foam and 1 small basket with a course foam. I've swapped out two of the foams with Seachem Matrix.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 22.08.31.png

The only thing I dont love... is the steel clips for the lily pipes... they are held to the pipe with one plastic screw and then held to the tank with one plastic screw... the one I have on my puffer tank is acrylic and much more material holding it to the tank and held on with 2 screws.

I've added a dose of ammonia and squeezed my filter sponges from the puffer tank into the tank so some bacteria present now... it has also transferred the infestation of duckweed so lets see how that goes, my mbuna cleared it out really nicely but wondering what the slightly more omnivorous Peacocks and Haps will do with it?

Wills

All good this morning *phew* this tank is over in my office and you can see the tank from the window of our kitchen but with the lights off hard to judge the level but I was quite confident the water was still in there!

This is the lily pipe clip thats causing the anxiety. Feels like its got disaster written all over it at some point but it is quite sturdy. What do you guys think?

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.48.56.png

So are you no longer planning on the Nicaraguan Cichlids?
Tough choice but I’m really enjoying my mbuna so want to give peacocks a try. I wanted to do a Central America biotope but so hard to fill the different levels of the tank as so few species are in the hobby.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back