Thai wonder

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I am staying away from MTS they do a great job cleaning the tank but after the experience with them eating my plants:mad: no way. My tanks has run for around 4 months.

20200120_212338.jpg

Plants not growing as quickly in this one - but they are coming along.

Arghhh. Tried to make a concerted effort to do a head count of the 12 sids tonight. Little buggers wouldn't stay still to be counted and I kept losing track when I got to 13. Pretty sure I have 14 but no guarantees :angel:

In truth I very much doubt I could accurately count any of the fish in any of the tanks. Except the bristenose, I am certain I still have one of those :whistle:

I try and do that too but my tetras swim around too fast, I thought about taking a picture at feeding time and then counting them on the picture ;)

Taking a picture works for me for counting my neon tetras. And yes, do it at feeding time.

Haven't done an update on this one for a while
20200216_193255.jpg

I ended up removing the powerhead altogether. The sids were getting far too fond of sleeping in it and I don't fancy minced loach in the tank. I added the second heater in early winter and all my tanks now have 2 heaters controlled by an inkbird controller.

Once I got the algae under control the driftwood was all a lovely shade of green. I left it that way but have added 6 otos and I'm afraid the algae never stood a chance. I do very occasionally see an MTS as proof that the sids have not completely decimated the population, but I never see more than 1 or 2 and not every day.

The plants in this tank are not growing at the same rate as in the other tanks but they are all healthy. I assume that is down to the budget LED lights that came with the tank. The tank is 5 months old now so I guess I can't blame it on being an immature setup anymore. The new plants that have appeared on the right and at the centre back are cuttings taken from the other tanks. I haven't taken any cuttings from this tank yet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back