andywg
Bored into leaving
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2004
- Messages
- 6,350
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 36
- Location
- Somewhere else, as I am banned...
In my experience, the biggest problem when shooting fish is a lack of adequate light in the tank causing the camera to go for a longer shutter time. This leads to blurring of images.
I cannot get a good picture at all of my 6x2x2 as it only has one tiny 18W light over it. However, my 5 foot reef tank with over 500W of lighting over it allows me to capture fish while they are swimming around, let alone when stationary.
Also, a higher megapixel amount does not make the camera better. It is more to do with how good the sensor is. I get absolutely fantastic shots with my 6.3 MP Fuji F31 which do not fare too badly when compared to my wife's Nikon D80 digital SLR.
See if you can't get some extra light in the tank from above, or else force the shutter speed to be quicker and then use something like photoshop or GIMP to lighten the image on your computer.
I cannot get a good picture at all of my 6x2x2 as it only has one tiny 18W light over it. However, my 5 foot reef tank with over 500W of lighting over it allows me to capture fish while they are swimming around, let alone when stationary.
Also, a higher megapixel amount does not make the camera better. It is more to do with how good the sensor is. I get absolutely fantastic shots with my 6.3 MP Fuji F31 which do not fare too badly when compared to my wife's Nikon D80 digital SLR.
See if you can't get some extra light in the tank from above, or else force the shutter speed to be quicker and then use something like photoshop or GIMP to lighten the image on your computer.








