What's new
Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

SRbettas

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive recently moved my sorority of three and my trio of kuhli loaches to a 15 gallon tank (57 litres). I was wondering what other fish i could have in the tank preferably something not red or white as tyat is thd colour of my bettas and i want all my fish to stand out. Would Endlers livebearers work?
I now have and empty 8 gallon (30 litre) and would like a oddball fish and maybe some smaller tetras or rasboras if there are any that would thrive in a tank this size.
I also have a 6.6 gallon (25 litre) with another female betta and an amano shrimp and would like something to go with her she has lived with endler guppies and my kuhli loaches but i am stuck for ideas.
Thanks SR

Knowing your source water parameters will help members suggest fish. You mention Endlers, and they must have moderately hard (or harder) water. If you have soft water they will not be in good shape and will weaken. Tetras and rasboras are soft water fish, as are the female bettas.

There are some options for the 8 gallon, but the 6 gallon with a female betta and shrimp is probably it. The "nano" type species of rasbora (Boraras species) and the Ember Tetra really need a 10g so these could likely work in the 8g.

My parameters as of last week are:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 7.6
Kh 6
Gh 16

For the 8 gallon, pea puffers are really cool and I've heard they can live in smaller tanks. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) I don't know too much about them so I can't tell you if your water is good, but I do know that pea puffers don't have to ground down their teeth like other puffers do so they are a little easier to care for.

For the 8 gallon, pea puffers are really cool and I've heard they can live in smaller tanks. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) I don't know too much about them so I can't tell you if your water is good, but I do know that pea puffers don't have to ground down their teeth like other puffers do so they are a little easier to care for.
I will look into them i have seen them in my lfs a couple of times and nearly bought some

My parameters as of last week are:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 7.6
Kh 6
Gh 16

If the GH is 16 dGH that is fairly hard water. If however this number is in ppm or mg/l, that is very soft.

It is dGH

OK, so that means fish preferring moderately hard or harder water. Endlers would then be a good option. The rasboras would not because they will be wild caught (or raised in outdoor ponds in SE Asia which is the same thing) and being small have less tolerance for parameters outside their range (soft and acidic water).

Great How many could i have in the 15 gallon with 3 bettas and 3 kuhli loaches?

Great How many could i have in the 15 gallon with 3 bettas and 3 kuhli loaches?

I would be more inclined to do the Endlers in the smaller tank, the 8+ gallon you mention...which I thought was the initial question. With moderately hard water, there are very few options for such a small tank.

Endlers are very tiny fish, and the female bettas might see them as food or a nuisance.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back