Introducing myself - Fish Crazy and Developer

Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Location
UK
Hi all - I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Aaron and I have been keeping fish since I was about 8 years old.

It started with fairground goldfish - that turned into a much larger coldwater tank (that quite frankly was overstocked - although my goldfish survived for 15 years)
In my 20s I kept betta tanks, gourami's (back when they were hardier), neons and pleco tanks
Now I am in my 40s - I have 5 tanks of varying sizes with: Harlequin rasboras, Neon rainbow, plecos, celestial pearls, endlers, cory's, angels and more!

I have also developed a fishkeeping app called app-aquatic - I originally created a tool to help me read test strips (I really struggle with certain colors). A few friends in the hobby then forced me to turn it into a full app that can manage aquariums (ensuring we consider bioload capacity and contribution from fish I might add!)

I am managing to combine the two things I love the most - fishkeeping and developing which is great.

My aspirations for my next tank is to have a really decent sized Oscar tank - but given I am at 5 tanks already I might need to extend the house!

Finally - I think I am the UKs number 1 fan of amano shrimp. They are interesting and active - and they decimate algae like nothing else. If anyone ever wants to talk amano shrimp then give me a shout!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260314_105259_App-aquatic Dev.webp
    Screenshot_20260314_105259_App-aquatic Dev.webp
    49 KB · Views: 175
  • planted tank.webp
    planted tank.webp
    372.5 KB · Views: 142
Nice to have you aboard, Aaron... :hi:
Overhere the amano shrimp do their best on algae as well. But so do most of my livebearers. The amanos are in my tanks closer to the window where most algae get their chance to grow most.
 
Welcome to you and your gang of fishes!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top